60 ft times

Discussion in 'Drag Racing Tech Discussion & Timeslips' started by BarnesGN, Aug 11, 2018.

1. BarnesGN

BarnesGN Junior Member

what does it take to run 1.5-1.6 60ft times with a 3v car?
    Manual or Automatic.

Gears/ Axles/Tires you tell me.

Thanks guys.

2. NickD87

NickD87 forum member

I've done a 1.56
    At the time car was longtubes with cats, hotrod cams, FR manifold, jltn110, underdrive pulleys, 4.10s, bmr sp009 springs stock 2005 shocks, bmr lower control arms and relocation brackets.
    40lb front rims and 17" stock wheels on rear with 275 et street radials
    Lauch at 5k sidestepping the stock clutch

Oh and really good track prep and prob negative DA

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

3. sdleo29

sdleo29 forum member

It’s fuggin hard to do if your new to the ole 1320.. ask me how I know ... The 60 ft is everything for good ET’s. Way easier in an auto, but you need to know how to launch either way

4. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member S197 Team Member

4.10s
    LCA
    Good tire

Willingness to break parts

Manual - two step helps and a clutch drop from 4500 plus rpm

Auto -converter a must

5. BarnesGN

BarnesGN Junior Member

Thanks for the replies guy it's exactly the info I need.

NickD87 What did your time slip look like on that run, Seems like a low 12 second pass.

I have had several quick street cars over the years, and I race maybe 2-3 times a year, although with only drag radials. It would be great to go more often and with the lower price of the 3v Mustang they seem like good contenders-solid axle- strong engines. Research is important to me before I plunge into buying a car especially if it will have a specific goal as a project car.

Consistent 1.6's even if it takes slicks would not be an issue. As long as I know what other items to upgrade ahead of the car purchase.

6. NickD87

NickD87 forum member

I missed a gear and abandoned the pass, 1.7s were 12.5

I only went radial so I could drive to the track on them. I would 100% go bias ply, if N/A 26" tall tire with 4.10s and take as much weight as you can out of the car (I would take out passanger and rear seat and gut the trunk)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

BINGO! We have a winner! The above statement is 100% correct.