8.31 @ 165.59 Fluid Turbo Concepts doing work!

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I have QA1 single adjustables in the rear, 12 clicks of a possible 18

Running strange single adj fronts but not sure on the setting, those went on after the car was in FL, so I haven't touched em. Will ask Ken

When we up the 2step a little it will then just pull the tires a few inches and smoothly ride it out and set them down. But doesn't always hook consistently launching that hard.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok so if you don't want the bobble you could tighten it up, but it doesn't look like you are too far off for that power level. Of course depending on how much/fast you bring in the power will obviously change things.

Personally I think you could leave harder and leave the front settings the same, then if comes up too much just tighten it up (front).

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so if you don't want the bobble you could tighten it up, but it doesn't look like you are too far off for that power level. Of course depending on how much/fast you bring in the power will obviously change things.

Personally I think you could leave harder and leave the front settings the same, then if comes up too much just tighten it up (front).

That happened tonight, got a 1.252 60' :beerchug2:

When the car comes back to Colorado and I have half the power it does at sea level I'm sure I'll have to play around with setting

Slips with the new best 60' and the new best ET....really wanted that 8.2x but it didn't happen:

IMG_20140315_022716

Last edited:

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
Great run, just wanted to ask you...i saw blue smoke in the end of the race was it the turbo on the right side?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ken's having a lot of fun in that car!

Best of luck with it Bud.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Great run, just wanted to ask you...i saw blue smoke in the end of the race was it the turbo on the right side?

It has always given a little smoke when getting out of the throttle on the big end. On that run though we ran out of gear right at the stripe so it got some limiter as well probably adding some richness to the mix.

But who won? Red or Silver? LOL! Great Run!

Thanks man! Can't believe the car hit that 60'

Ken's having a lot of fun in that car!

Best of luck with it Bud.

First event back home is may 4th, sure hope it can run at least an 8.80 up here in the suck air.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That happened tonight, got a 1.252 60' :beerchug2:

When the car comes back to Colorado and I have half the power it does at sea level I'm sure I'll have to play around with setting

Slips with the new best 60' and the new best ET....really wanted that 8.2x but it didn't happen:

IMG_20140315_022716

There you go. Like I said before I am liking that 330 time. Mine on the bottle with a 1.27 60' is already almost a 1/10th behind at the 330 with a 3.55 vs your 3.47. You can just see it in the vid to how the car kicks ass between the 60 and the 330.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:lol: your car dragged Ken's down the track!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
a one second ET difference this fast is a lot more then people think. When you are running 12s on the street, 1 second isn't "that" much, but the difference between 8.30s and 9.30s at the track is unbelievable.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Really sucks when you are the guy getting driven away from. Start trying to push the pedal into the floor a little further like some HP is magically going to show up out of nowhere.

I may be racing some 5.teen 1/8th mile cars up here this year. Luckily for me, losing to the 1/8th doesn't feel near as brutal as losing all the way out to the 1/4.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
My car has always been good about dragging others, a little throwback to when my car did 132 in the 1/4. Crazy that it does that in the 1/8th now:

Fun thing about this one is the guy had customized plates with "800hp" on them

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, that trap speed is far from 800. 800 with a crap driver is still 132-133 trap min if it's CHP more like 138-140 if it's rwhp

GI Joe

Reaction score
Congrats,
Fast car and great videos.....
I started reading the threads and already had in my mind you need to hit the tires a little more on the launch and maybe tighten the front one click....then LOL as I read further Paul said precisely that...Nice improvement.
Now take the string out of that parachute or it will never be available when you need it...
Dave

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate you and Paul's feedback. To say I'm new would be an understatement. Still lots of learning and testing to do.

Yeah, need to pull the packing string and safety clip out of the chute when running. Had no intentions of pulling it on the big end but never know when it could come in handy mid track or on any type of brake failure :/

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back