8.8 question

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Pretty sure all 2007 Mustangs take ARP #100-7723, available at Maximum Motorsports or Summit (that I know of).

Might be worth a phone call to check and place the order then and there.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
No problem. I installed those same studs in my '08 GT a year or two ago.

When you get around to doing this, use an open-end nut (I think it's 1/2-20) and two or more stainless steel washers with some grease between a couple of them. This is basically Ford's shop manual procedure that I've added the grease to, and specified stainless for the washers because they're smoother than zinc washers. I also grease the studs, being diligent about removing this after with a solvent (I use acetone). Studs pull through (and pull through square to the flange) with only light to moderate effort with a standard 1/2" ratchet.

Do NOT use an impact tool, as this can strip the splines.

Not sure which car was serving as my "model" . . .

Wheel stud installation.JPG

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Don't remember having to, but it's been a while. I did use a medium-weight machinist hammer to loosen the studs, though. Ford's C-clamp method would require rotor removal.

Norm

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
When I did my studs I used the lisle stud installer and never took my rotors off. There is a small slot in the back for knocking them out and putting them back on. Took all of 5 minutes per side. Best money I have ever spent on that installer. It takes the load off the studs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back