Al Guapo

forum member
Reaction score
My Turbo 08 got F*#d in the A$$...

... and now I can't sit.

This just happened 2 hours ago as it still rains outside. I was dead stopped at a red light with a van about 10 ft in front of me.

I look in the rear view and see a Ford FOCKUS movin in on me pretty fast. When I noticed the car it was still doing about 35 mph @ 7 cars in between us. The brakes locked, in the wet with some leaves under her right tire. At that moment I already knew I was gonna take a pounding in the rear.

The best I could do in a sitting duck position was brace myslelf to the steering wheel and push down on the brake as hard as I could so I could avoid hitting the van in front of me. Didn't happen.

When her car made contact with mine she was still at about 20 mph. Looking in the rear view I just see my trunk open really fast as my eyes are suddenly taken away from the mirror. This is the part when I got a quick glimpse of the cieling from my body being pushed forward so quickly from a dead stop.

With my brakes pressed firmly my car still slid about 10 ft and taped the van in front of me. Having my brakes jammed saved the intercooler, plumbing and turbo. The trade off was that the whole rear got pushed in.

She struck me hard enough that both quarter panels are bent under the windows. Wheel wells have about an inch from the tire. Exhaust ist ok since her car slid up into the tail lights. Driver door grinds as I open it.

I get out of my car and tell the lady in a nasty tone "you better have insurance" I WAS PISSED. The first thing she said was yes I have insurance and it's my fault. After that I calmed down and got on the cell to call 911.

What's important is that no one got hurt. The part that sucks is that the car will never drive the same. It only had 7,500 miles on the clock!

Didn't want to wait for a tow truck. It was about 1 mile from home so I drove. I even went into boost a bit just to see the trunk try and go down lol. As I pulled into the driveway it started to make funny noises in the rear. It's getting towed to the shop later today.

I had to vent guys. If you made it to here, thanks for reading.

045.jpg

050-1.jpg

032.jpg

039.jpg

040-1.jpg

013.jpg

Kenne Bell BAP is somewhere in there.

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad you are OK!!! That's the important thing, that no one got hurt.
Second of all, DAMN that sucks!! I got rear ended a few weeks ago by woman, who rear ended the car behind me and pushed him into me, so I was the 'van' of your accident. Looks like the front end and all the Turbo/motor is fine, which is great! Kind of worried about the ripples in the side and the door and rear end grinding.

It's good the she had insurance. What company was it?

Once again, glad you are ok, and so sorry about the car.

Al Guapo

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you are OK!!! That's the important thing, that no one got hurt.
Second of all, DAMN that sucks!! I got rear ended a few weeks ago by woman, who rear ended the car behind me and pushed him into me, so I was the 'van' of your accident. Looks like the front end and all the Turbo/motor is fine, which is great! Kind of worried about the ripples in the side and the door and rear end grinding.

It's good the she had insurance. What company was it?

Once again, glad you are ok, and so sorry about the car.

Thanks. Cars can be replaced.

Her insurance is all state. Do you know of anything on how well they pay up? I want no money out of pocket.

The body shop already looked at it and said the frame buckled. I want out of this car. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a restraightened chassis in a turbo stang while exiting turns.

Last edited:

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ouch....sorry to see this. Hope you are ok...My best advice is to SEE A DOCTOR~~!!! Now. Whether you do anything legal with that or not, once the insurance company realizes you are injured even slightly they will work with you a lot easier and try to get a settlement.

I would gander to say that the insurance company is going to total it. It can be fixed but I think it is going to be pricey and personally I would not want to go through that with a new car that can be replaced. Both quarters need to come off. The trunk floor. Maybe the frame rails depending on how low she it. Etc Etc.

I would say, at a really good shop, $1300-1400 to fix the front and 16K+ to fix the back.

I just noticed you are in NJ.....one of the best body shops in the state is C&D in South Hackensack. Ask for Matt if you call. He fixed mine when it got tapped (not nearly as bad though).....ask him about the blue mustang and he will know. lol.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Cars can be replaced.

Her insurance is all state. Do you know of anything on how well they pay up? I want no money out of pocket.

The body shop already looked at it and said the frame buckled. I want out of this car. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a restraightened chassis in a turbo stang while exiting turns.

Not sure about all state. The girl in my accident had Geico, they paid up quick, called me an hour after the accident, had the check about a week later. I already a new CS/GT bumper painted, stripped, and installed by the time their check got here, and I ended up with about $250 in my pocket since I did the 'labor' myself.

I agree, frame damage, need to get out of the car. Tough part is going to be getting them to pay for all the aftermarket goodies. Not sure how they will handle all of that and how much they will cover.

I would make sure they total the car, cover full "new" value for the turbo and every performance part on there (do you have receipts?) and then see if you can buy your car back for cheap, take off all the parts you need, sell the parts you don't, keep what you want, and buy a new one and put all your cool parts back on. You could end up making a few bucks and having the same car only brand new again. Especially if they pay full price for the turbo and you somehow keep/use the one on the car now.

Not sure though, some places won't let you take anything off your car once the insurance company has "bought it", and other places could care less and let you take parts off at your leisure once it's totalled. All depends. Some insurance companies only pay out partial value on performance parts, which sucks when you have to pay full value to replace them.

But I agree, it's her fault, and you shouldn't have to pay a dime or lift a finger to get a car exactly like you had before.

Al Guapo

forum member
Reaction score
ouch....sorry to see this. Hope you are ok...My best advice is to SEE A DOCTOR~~!!!

I would gander to say that the insurance company is going to total it.
I would say, at a really good shop, $1300-1400 to fix the front and 16K+ to fix the back.

I just noticed you are in NJ.....one of the best body shops in the state is C&D in South Hackensack. Ask for Matt if you call. He fixed mine when it got tapped (not nearly as bad though).....ask him about the blue mustang and he will know. lol.

I already saw a doctor twice since the accident about my neck. It's really sore.

My body guy is gonna try to get it totalled. I think you're in the exact ball park on the repair cost. You'd probably say more if you saw it in person. Like the gap that runs down between the passenger door and fender get wider.

Thanks for the shop recomendation. It's already at a shop in Glen Rock. My in-law works next door to them so he'll keep and eye on it as well. I've seen some of their work. They have a 67 camaro being restored and the paint looks mint! Doesn't matter anyway. Car is gonna be gone.

Not sure about all state. The girl in my accident had Geico, they paid up quick, called me an hour after the accident, had the check about a week later. I already a new CS/GT bumper painted, stripped, and installed by the time their check got here, and I ended up with about $250 in my pocket since I did the 'labor' myself.

I agree, frame damage, need to get out of the car. Tough part is going to be getting them to pay for all the aftermarket goodies. Not sure how they will handle all of that and how much they will cover.

I would make sure they total the car, cover full "new" value for the turbo and every performance part on there (do you have receipts?) and then see if you can buy your car back for cheap, take off all the parts you need, sell the parts you don't, keep what you want, and buy a new one and put all your cool parts back on. You could end up making a few bucks and having the same car only brand new again. Especially if they pay full price for the turbo and you somehow keep/use the one on the car now.

But I agree, it's her fault, and you shouldn't have to pay a dime or lift a finger to get a car exactly like you had before.

Glad you made out with your case.

I got three things:
Pain, all reciepts for the parts and a police report that states she was doing 20-30 mph when she crashed into me.

I'm claiming everything. Just as long as it doesn't affect the lady who crashed into me. It was an honest mistake. I have no pitty for insurance companies.

At this point I'll go for the 2010 and hope that the turbo kit is a direct bolt on. Would be nice to be one of the first :xmas:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. More proof that women shouldn't be allowed to drive. (just kidding, Liz).

New Mustang time! While this is a pain in the ass now, you're going to come out ahead. Be glad it wasn't just a tap on the butt that screws everything up but doesn't total the car!

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Her insurance is all state. Do you know of anything on how well they pay up?

Allstate insurance sucks. You will probably have a difficult time getting a settlement out of them.

I am glak you are ok, and I hope you have no trouble with Allstate, but be ready.

Hope this helps.

Mike

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. More proof that women shouldn't be allowed to drive. (just kidding, Liz).

New Mustang time! While this is a pain in the ass now, you're going to come out ahead. Be glad it wasn't just a tap on the butt that screws everything up but doesn't total the car!

HEY!! LOL!

Well, those were painful pictures to view. Glad YOU'RE okay (I've had whiplash myself, totally relate to the pain you're in). The Stang, OMG. It's amazing that speed she hit you at could do so much damage.

We used to have Allstate. I think they're pretty decent, but all insurance companies are a PITA, IMO.

Rooting for you that they'll total it out, and you can put the money back on a new one. So, what color you gonna get?!

Al Guapo

forum member
Reaction score
:beer:

Can you say turbo 2010?
"Please let if fit, please let it fit, please let it fit..."

Al Guapo

forum member
Reaction score
Allstate insurance sucks. You will probably have a difficult time getting a settlement out of them.

I am glak you are ok, and I hope you have no trouble with Allstate, but be ready.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Thanks,

The police report, my neck pain and f#*d up stang should make things pretty clear to all state.

HEY!! LOL!

Well, those were painful pictures to view. Glad YOU'RE okay (I've had whiplash myself, totally relate to the pain you're in). The Stang, OMG. It's amazing that speed she hit you at could do so much damage.

We used to have Allstate. I think they're pretty decent, but all insurance companies are a PITA, IMO.

Rooting for you that they'll total it out, and you can put the money back on a new one. So, what color you gonna get?!

Thanks,

The neck pain sucks.

Color?
95% red and 5% orange. Before deciding, I want to see what orange will look like first in the whole pic for the 2010. But most likely I'm gonna go with red even though it didn't help flag down the lady who hit me in broad day light.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i dont know if they are changing the powerplants in the 2010's but i know they did minor changes to the 09's so it will fit them still ....... but man that sucks thats 1 hella lick for 20-30 mph

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
Damn! I knew when I saw those pics that car is done. That car took a pretty good beating. That sucks, hope you feel better soon, and that you didn't get seriously hurt, although whiplash is no joke. Thats all it takes, some idiot not paying attention. And how can you not esp. a day like today (I'm here in northeast Jersey myself, its really sh**ty out, esp w/ leaves on the ground).

Well, good luck, and when you're ready for a '10, if you don't have a dealer you normally work with , go see Baku at Fette, he's good to work with.

Hope all works out for you!!!

Jimmy

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If the frames buckled, I think they will total it..but being as its only got 7500 miles on it, maybe they wont..Glad ur ok, I hate hearing stuff like this, now im gonna keep my head more on a swivel than it already is watching out for mental midgets on the road..

Keep telling Allstate that a frame damaged car is worthless when you go to sell it or trade it in, its like cancer for a car when its pasted all over the carfax....good luck man..

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off, glad you're ok, and sucks about the car.

Having said that.......
......... At that moment I already knew I was gonna take a pounding in the rear.

The best I could do in a sitting duck position was brace myslelf
Pretty fair assumption that no one around here would EVER quote you out of context on these sentences.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought about, then declined, I feel bad for him, I would be friggin pissed..

Al Guapo

forum member
Reaction score
i dont know if they are changing the powerplants in the 2010's but i know they did minor changes to the 09's so it will fit them still ....... but man that sucks thats 1 hella lick for 20-30 mph

First off, glad you're ok, and sucks about the car.

Having said that.......

Pretty fair assumption that no one around here would EVER quote you out of context on these sentences.

No, I was trying to be a bit humorous with the dramatic story. Pound away guys...but be gentle.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Get your lawyer ready. Allstate is chock full of jackasses especially the estimators. First thing out of his mouth will be, "Oh that's not too bad. I've seen worse." When he says it you should immediately beat the shit out of him. Been there, done that.

I'm sorry to see what happened to your car and really hope they total it. Anytime the doors are affected by a rear collision you can scrap the car. If you get them to total the car be sure you can get all your goodies off the car before they pick it up.

Hell...the minute I heard she had Allstate I would have had the body shop back it into a wall for more damage before the estimator gets there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back