Advice to new modders

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Block is ok, heads and cam drive are junk and drive me nuts, so many bizarre failures on this forum alone. I built up my 3v as cheaply as humanly possible and I feel like I could have done a jy coyote for about the same, based on simple calcs. It's because I'm including the cost of all of the blower stuff that it takes to get the 4.6 to punch as hard as a 5.0!!

Lately I've been dreaming of a 2015-2017 mustang longblock, the newer comp CR cams, a cobra jet intake, and my twin 67mm throttle body. I don't even know if the 15-17 ecu would work in my car. Get a twin disc clutch and a T56 magnum xl. Turn near 8000 and make 550 wheel. $$$$$$$$$ That's why it's just a dream.
"Cam drive junk" as in the tensioners and VCT stystem?

Thanks for the informative post, interesting take on the 3v.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

46addict

Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone being hospitalized or dying from weed overdose unlike with narcotics overdose or alcohol poisoning. Weed can help people with epilepsy or tourette's function in society and it's more than just for college kids wanting to get high. Add in the ability to collect tax revenue from legal marijuana sales to curb tax deficits in many states, and the potential to open more room in the jail system for actually dangerous criminals, there is some hope.

I am not denying that continuous use of weed will fry brains and impair motor functions. And I get that weed can potentially reduce productivity in people which could negate any gains tax revenue from legal weed sales. But some users claim they are more productive when high so it can go both ways. Whatever the case may be, the point is that government has no place in making personal choices for the population. Let the people smoke what they want and they can face the consequences for any errors in judgement. If we ban x or y substance on the ground that it's potentially dangerous for the public (or for the user), then it won't be long until cars are neutered to 70mph or programmed to never exceed the speed limit in our self driving cars. I'd rather let Darwinism run its course than be another drone in society.

46addict

Reaction score
Alcohol is far worse and that should be made illegal in my opinion. I have seen weed help a lot of people, but it’s like anything else. Moderation is key. As far as the killing brain cells thing, that’s been disproven. There is an old bias against it, and I can understand that, but if weed had never been made illegal by the tobacco companies who gave money to politicians, it wouldn’t be viewed as anything different than alcohol. Which has no medical value by the way.
There are several theories on how/why weed was made illegal. Some say Big Chem like DuPont and 3M did not want hemp competing in the cotton industry so they lobbied to have weed banned. Others say there were racist motives behind it and claimed it made blacks and Hispanics more violent and therefore politicians pushed to have it banned.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Alcohol is far worse and that should be made illegal in my opinion. I have seen weed help a lot of people, but it’s like anything else. Moderation is key. As far as the killing brain cells thing, that’s been disproven. There is an old bias against it, and I can understand that, but if weed had never been made illegal by the tobacco companies who gave money to politicians, it wouldn’t be viewed as anything different than alcohol. Which has no medical value by the way.

I'm with pentalab, some people can hold their shit and smoke it, other people can't and slow down like molasses. It's about 50/50 at worst.

Of course it was originally prohibited due to politics and money - and now the opposite is true.

I don't drink, either. No money! Put it all into a 3v.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm with pentalab, some people can hold their shit and smoke it, other people can't and slow down like molasses. It's about 50/50 at worst.

Of course it was originally prohibited due to politics and money - and now the opposite is true.

I don't drink, either. No money! Put it all into a 3v.
I can definitely agree with that, all the little money I have goes to my car haha.

It’s like anything else though, moderation. And it isn’t for everyone. Heck that can be said for coffee. Some people really shouldn’t ever have even a cup. Crazy hyperactive people.

46addict

Reaction score
Yeah I know people who can drink a pot of coffee on their own. And yes this car addiction is helluva lot more fun than basic vices.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
THC levels these days is through the roof, esp for our infamous...'BC bud' vs the low thc crap from the late 60's..and through out the 70's. It will knock u on ur ass. Fentynal and the super fentylnal is killing folks up here at an unprecedented rate. National epidemic. Of course nobody thinks to go after fentynal dealers..which would take all of 7-10 days to round up.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
the fentanyl dealers are the people making it in china... they then take the $ they make selling fentanyl to the poor guys on east hastings, and buy all of the surrounding multi million dollar empty fake mansions. Rinse repeat...

meanwhile the gov't is like,

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
So you think going after the suppliers can solve the opioid epidemic?

Did prohibition stop booze supply and keep people from drinking?

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
THC levels these days is through the roof, esp for our infamous...'BC bud' vs the low thc crap from the late 60's..and through out the 70's. It will knock u on ur ass. Fentynal and the super fentylnal is killing folks up here at an unprecedented rate. National epidemic. Of course nobody thinks to go after fentynal dealers..which would take all of 7-10 days to round up.
The THC levels aren’t that drastic. When I got out of the Navy in May, I was on the west coast and was partaking in festivities. Having gone 8 years with absolutely no weed while I was in, there wasn’t a whole lot different. I can’t attest for the 60s and 70s because I wasn’t even a twinkle in my daddy’s eye, but I could still function. I absolutely wouldn’t be able to drive nor would I even attempt to, but I’m the same way when it comes to drinking. If I even have one beer, I won’t drive until the next day. Period.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

In the 40's and 50's even the mafia did not touch narcotics...the jail time was too great. Start taking the discretion away from judges, and implement a min 10 year sentence. Dealers are literally selling poison on the streets.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score

it's not 1920.

This stuff comes in on the boats. It's not rocket science to figure it out. To even help would be no big deal, but the authorities turn a blind eye - it's just human nature. They are looking out for #1, making money for themselves, and forwarding their own interests.

Hard drugs would fade away if poverty and misery did. Not likely.

All drugs should be legalized. If an individual wants to use drugs they should be freely provided and safely administered. Where I live cocaine is now always cut with something like fentanyl or worse. We're not on a good road, here!

Some problems have no good solution, but you can always make things worse.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Lately I've been dreaming of a 2015-2017 mustang longblock, the newer comp CR cams, a cobra jet intake, and my twin 67mm throttle body. I don't even know if the 15-17 ecu would work in my car. Get a twin disc clutch and a T56 magnum xl. Turn near 8000 and make 550 wheel. $$$$$$$$$ That's why it's just a dream.

550 to the wheels N/A isnt easy, most are stoked if they ever break the 500 barrier. I would add ported heads, CJ, and throttle body to your list to get over 500.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Problem is, these addicts typ need a hit every 6 hrs. Where do you think they get the $$ for their habit? Its to the point where myself, and friends won't go down town, at any time of the day or night, unless armed..not with hundreds of junkies. This chinese IT geek, neigbour of mine, was left for dead in the middle of a 4 lane, major one way street, here in downtown victoria. It looked like he had taken a shower in blood. Off work for months. 3 x couples had just come out of a fancy restaurant at 11 pm on a friday night. Drug addicted guy + his GF attack him with knives as they are jay walking across the street. This shit happens on a continual basis. In our affluent neighborhood, we don't call 911 anymore, we call the coroner. When secs count, the cops are only 15-25 mins away..totally useless. I call em....the 'after the fact boys'.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I didn't know Canada was so rank!

I'm thinking of moving to Osoyoos soon. Either that or back to the farm. You should move to the interior, Jim.

Loving this thread, it's the true meaning of a forum discussion.

@fourdegrees11: that's good info - I see dyno's with 500+ all over but I'm sure they are pumped up. Any way you cut it that would be a great, fun, combination, though.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I didn't know Canada was so rank!

I'm thinking of moving to Osoyoos soon. Either that or back to the farm. You should move to the interior, Jim.

Loving this thread, it's the true meaning of a forum discussion.

@fourdegrees11: that's good info - I see dyno's with 500+ all over but I'm sure they are pumped up. Any way you cut it that would be a great, fun, combination, though.

In case you didn't know, AR-15's are legal in Canada, as are 34 round mags for em, and also bump fire stocks. There is a loop hole for the 34 rd mags. Hollow pointers for handguns are also legal.
Drum mags like the 100-120 rd variety are legal for any semi auto rim fire rd. A few things are banned, like tungsten rds, double bladed knives, and any version of an AK-47. Max of 10 rds for semi auto center fire hand guns (+1 in the chamber = 11). No limit for any rim fire semi auto hand gun.
.25 + .32 acp handguns are on the prohibited list (but there are thousands of em here in bc, they are all grandfathered... and u can still buy ammo for em. ). Min barrel length for any handgun is 4". Forget what the min overall length is for rifles. Folding stocks are legal.

I was at my buddy's place, a few blocks away. We loaded 600 rds of .45 acp with 230 grain slugs for 'target practise'. 185 grain hollow pointers is what u want for the real deal. The local range here is just north of town..on 112 acres. 2nd one is 15 miles north of me, on 7 acres. Folks are plane fed up, you don't wanna even know the half of it. .40 S+W, .357 sig, 9mm are also very popular.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not into guns, either! We have a ton of them. Again, no $. Also you can't just shoot bandits and drug dealers. My friend in Florida would, he says they just spit on your BMW.

I might also move to Kauai and live on the public beach, catch fish. Sell them at the roadside or trade them for materials to make new sandals.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
One of the best laws in Arizona is the "castle law". Basically if someone comes into your home uninvited and you feel threatened for yourself or family you can murder the shit out of them, but even if you dont they cant really sue you like some of these other stupid ass states allow. Break into a house out here at your own peril in the wild west <--- open carry lives up to that name, though you rarely see it in the city, but legalized concealed carry for everyone means dont be a fucktard to strangers.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One of the best laws in Arizona is the "castle law". Basically if someone comes into your home uninvited and you feel threatened for yourself or family you can murder the shit out of them, but even if you dont they cant really sue you like some of these other stupid ass states allow. Break into a house out here at your own peril in the wild west <--- open carry lives up to that name, though you rarely see it in the city, but legalized concealed carry for everyone means dont be a fucktard to strangers.

Should be this way in every State.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
In case you didn't know, AR-15's are legal in Canada, as are 34 round mags for em, and also bump fire stocks. There is a loop hole for the 34 rd mags. Hollow pointers for handguns are also legal.
Drum mags like the 100-120 rd variety are legal for any semi auto rim fire rd. A few things are banned, like tungsten rds, double bladed knives, and any version of an AK-47. Max of 10 rds for semi auto center fire hand guns (+1 in the chamber = 11). No limit for any rim fire semi auto hand gun.
.25 + .32 acp handguns are on the prohibited list (but there are thousands of em here in bc, they are all grandfathered... and u can still buy ammo for em. ). Min barrel length for any handgun is 4". Forget what the min overall length is for rifles. Folding stocks are legal.

I was at my buddy's place, a few blocks away. We loaded 600 rds of .45 acp with 230 grain slugs for 'target practise'. 185 grain hollow pointers is what u want for the real deal. The local range here is just north of town..on 112 acres. 2nd one is 15 miles north of me, on 7 acres. Folks are plane fed up, you don't wanna even know the half of it. .40 S+W, .357 sig, 9mm are also very popular.
Unless I misinterpreted your post, it's my understanding that all assault weapons and handguns are prohibited in Canada :shrug:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back