aerodynamics

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
Now That's a belly pan!

Thanks! I haven't seen any pics of the pan on the Hunter. Of course, having no rear exhaust makes the diffuser is a good deal easier to manage.

Last time out at Putnam was my first time there. On street tires I managed 1:25 and on NT01s I recorded a best 1:23. I had tons of data acquisition trouble, so I lost several runs. I like to think I did better than that as I became more familiar with the track, but who knows.

This was also my first time on the R-comps, and I don't think I had the car tuned well for them. There was a host of other braking issues, embarrassing driver issues, and such. So I don't think this is a fair bet at what the car or I can do there, but it is what it is. I'm happy with the time given all the mitigating circumstances...and very much looking forward to coming back and trouncing that time.

Best,
-j

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know much on this matter, but from a outsiders POV I think we drive shoeboxes that can't be too aerodynamic.

Yeah the 05-09 have a drag coefficient of 0.38. For comparison a 1985 Mustang SVO had the same coefficient...lol.

A corvette ZO6 is 0.34. Although that number isn't all that different than the mustang the frontal area sure is a lot smaller hence making it more slippery.

2006gtmike

forum member
Reaction score
A friend put the 2010 front end under pan on his 2006 and it helped the hood flutter at speed.

I asked a Ford Dealer and he said this splash shield is off a GT500?

He quoted me some crazy price of $150+ for BOTH pieces.

I'd like the Part Numbers on these.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back