Aeroforce Map Sensor????

blackmustang12

forum member
Reaction score
I have searched all over the net and multiple forums and found very little info. I have also called a few big name shops and no help. I was wondering if anyone has hooked up the 3.5 Bar Map sensor on the 2011+ Mustang? I am trying to get an idea of how to wire it up. Not sure where I can find a 5V source to tap in to. Thanks for any help.

coyote5.0

Reaction score
The 3.5 Bar MAP sensor part # sens022 uses a switched 12 volt also known as ACC. to the red wire.

blackmustang12

forum member
Reaction score
The 3.5 Bar MAP sensor part # sens022 uses a switched 12 volt also known as ACC. to the red wire.

I was hoping to find a constant 5v wire to not have to worry about a resistor. Which wire did you use?

Mine was 5v and I just bought a 5v resistor from RadioShack... At least I think it was my map sensor and not my wide band

Yeah i was hoping to not have to use a resistor but if i have to i will. What wire did you tap in to?

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Why not use a dedicated 5V regulator? It outputs 5V with any 8-24vdc input. I bought a cheap one off Ebay with terminals a few years ago. You can also get them with pigtails. They are cheap. Aeroforce sells them also.

blackmustang12

forum member
Reaction score
Why not use a dedicated 5V regulator? It outputs 5V with any 8-24vdc input. I bought a cheap one off Ebay with terminals a few years ago. You can also get them with pigtails. They are cheap. Aeroforce sells them also.

I heard there were a few places to get a constant 5v from so I didn't order the regulator. If I can't figure out what wires are 5v, I guess I will be getting a regulator.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with existing car sensor 5V wiring. That is just me. The regulators are just too cheap to buy and leave the factory wiring alone.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
+1 on a 5v regulator.
You have to be careful connecting to existing 5v source as you may pull up or pull down the voltage and offset the factory sensor.

Other than that, its very simple to wire up. 5v, ground, and the signal. All thats left is to make sure you can program in the MAP sensors relationship with your gauge or w/e youre using.

coyote5.0

Reaction score
I think your incorrect about the 5 volts I followed the instructions that came with my aeroforce MAP sensor 3.5 bar and used the 12V switched and works fine.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I got an aeroforce FP sensor and it needs a 5v regulator to work. Not sure on the map but it looks like a GM map sensor which would be 5v too.

coyote5.0

Reaction score
3.5 Bar Map Sensor Kit Instructions Part # Sens022 The 3.5 bar MAP (manifold air pressure) sensor measures air pressure from vacuum up to 35 psig. Connect the red wire to switched (ignition on, also known as ACC) +12v, the black to ground, and white to one of the Interceptor scan gauge’s analog inputs or other data device. The output of the sensor ranges from 0 - 4.9v at full scale. To configure the Interceptor, Analogic, or other device to read pressure in psi using this 3.5 bar sensor, you will enter 14 as the slope (entered as 014.0), and –14.0 (entered as -14.0) as the intercept following the instructions for these devices. This equates to multiplying the output voltage by 14, and subtracting the result by 14 to display pressure in psi. Note this important point. The above equation assumes that you are at sea level or close to it. For best accuracy, check the value displayed on the gauge with the ignition on, engine off. At this condition the gauge should be reading “0” for MAP pressure. If it’s off by more than you are comfortable with, perhaps 0.3 psi or more, you can adjust the intercept value to correct for this offset. For example, if you see –0.4 psi with the engine off, add 0.4 (-14.0 + 0.4 = -13.6) to correct the reading. The higher your altitude, the smaller in absolute terms the intercept will be. In Denver Colorado for example you may need to reduce it to –13.0 or more. This action will correct the MAP reading over its entire range and can also be used to cancel out an offset due to grounding issues. The same process can be used to read pressure in Bar, kPa, etc. Please note that the reading will be in psi, both at vacuum and boost, as opposed to inHg in vacuum and psi in boost like a typical mechanical boost gauge. Multiplying a reading in psi by 2.02 will convert to inHg. For example, you see -10 psi at idle on the Interceptor gauge. This equates to -20 inHg. Warranty This product is Aeroforce Technology warrants this product and its accessories against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase. Aeroforce Technology Inc

carbd86gt

Lethal Performance
Reaction score
There are quite a few switched 12v circuits in the factory fuse box. Just use a test light to find one with KOEO/KOER power.

And to back up another member, I would mess with tapping into factory 5v sensor wiring, you can fubar that circuit. If any aftermarket sensor you're installing needs a 5v power, just get the regulator, makes it much better. The Aeroforce 5v regulator will power up to 6 sensors as well.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back