aftermarket steering wheels!

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Just takes one guy to think that it's not technical then a whole brigade of tech forum police come in and beat you up. It happens.

lol fucking mod gestapos.

But in all seriousness I can see where Hawgmans coming from.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I used a Momo steering wheel with a hub adaptor. Here is a link to the steering wheel:

http://www.momousa.com/products/products/steering-wheels/race-3000-steering-wheel.html

And I used the hub adaptor part# 4538. Here is a link to that:

http://www.momousa.com/products/products/steering-wheels/hubs/ford-hubs.html

Now, I will say the the hub needed some modification. The large hole in the center for the steering shaft was fine, and the large rectangular hole above that was fine, but you need to clearance a couple small sections for the other stuff that protrude out of the stock mounting point, which I pictured below, along with the stock hub adaptor.

love the wheel man !

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
To install an aftermarket steering wheel in an S197, you must first remove the stock wheel. Before you go any further, disconnect the battery; as you will be working around airbags, and they are no joke if they go off. So now that the battery is disconnected you remove the two circular tabs on the side of the stock wheel and remove the bolts holding the air bag in place. Remove the airbag and disconnect the two electrical sensors on the back of it(set it aside face up incase of an accidental discharge) Once the airbag is taken care of you remove the big ass T-something bolt in the center of the steeringwheel and pull the stock wheel off. Then put on the hub, and wire in the horn. The quick release is in two pieces, remove the "male" end of the quick release and afix it to the hub; then connect the horn wires to the quick release. Then afix the other end of the quick release to your steering wheel. Your done.

EDIT:

Oh, and for extra measure add some blue loctite to the center bolt. I don't remember the torque specs off the top of my head, its written down in one of my college notebooks some where. At least I wrote down something useful in them last semester.
I guess this thread is headed for DIY.

mmiller40

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Just takes one guy to think that it's not technical then a whole brigade of tech forum police come in and beat you up. It happens.

I'm a total noob but have been here long enough to know you
1. Dont fuck around in the tech forum and
2. should actually be #1... you dont fuck with the Mods.. I smell a shit storm brewing :2g1c:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a total noob but have been here long enough to know you
1. Dont fuck around in the tech forum and
2. should actually be #1... you dont fuck with the Mods.. I smell a shit storm brewing :2g1c:

No shit storm is brewing, Hawgman was cool enough to tell us to make it more tech related.

The mods here are pretty fucking cool compared to some of the other mustang forums.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I posted the SKUs if you look above. Here are the first links that pop up in Google, im sure you can shop around.

Hub: http://shop.vendio.com/crowderscustomizing/item/2011253657/?s=1281254162

Quick Release: http://www.robearracing.com/pd_nrg_quick_release_hub_25_black.cfm

Call NRG and talk to Mike Nguyen if he still works there. Tell him your looking for the best possible deal and he'll hook it up. However a few months ago Mike had told me he was thinking about moving on, but it never hurts to try!

Ok,---it says this hub WILL fit the Momo 6 bolt steering wheel, which is what I have.

So KURO---my question is I need both pieces that you linked, correct?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Ok,---it says this hub WILL fit the Momo 6 bolt steering wheel, which is what I have.

So KURO---my question is I need both pieces that you linked, correct?

No. If you just want the quick release, the V2.5 will afix to your current momo hub and wheel.

There is no need for YOU to buy the NRG short hub. I was just posting that link for people who do not yet have an aftermarket wheel setup.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I heard racecraft makes one but I am not sure if it fits our cars

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No. If you just want the quick release, the V2.5 will afix to your current momo hub and wheel.

There is no need for YOU to buy the NRG short hub. I was just posting that link for people who do not yet have an aftermarket wheel setup.

But if I wanted to replace the Momo hub with the NRG one (for the correct distance the steering wheel would be from the dash) then I would need both, correct?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
But if I wanted to replace the Momo hub with the NRG one (for the correct distance the steering wheel would be from the dash) then I would need both, correct?

Yes, you would want both.

Like I said, call up NRG, they're located in California as well. Ask them for the best possible price: (626) 369-2668

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I see where Hawgman is coming from also, seems how it's 4.6 tech.... Don't make me call Guido!

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I posted the SKUs if you look above. Here are the first links that pop up in Google, im sure you can shop around.

Hub: http://shop.vendio.com/crowderscustomizing/item/2011253657/?s=1281254162

Quick Release: http://www.robearracing.com/pd_nrg_quick_release_hub_25_black.cfm

Call NRG and talk to Mike Nguyen if he still works there. Tell him your looking for the best possible deal and he'll hook it up. However a few months ago Mike had told me he was thinking about moving on, but it never hurts to try!

Nice...thanks!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
seemed pretty technical to me...you have lost all perspective...

So apparently since Kim moved the thread he has lost all perspective as well. Care to tell him how to run his board too ? Or is it just me that you want to keep making snide comments to?

As for you nuclearmuscle523. I'm pretty sure the sticky in the Tech section outlining what belongs in the Tech section and what doesn't is very clearly worded in English. So keep being a smartass.. that always works out for the best.

This section is for the discussion of technical related topics, i.e. installing parts, upgrading parts, diagnosing trouble, etc.

It is not for discussion of which part to buy or what exhaust sounds best.

mmiller40

Reaction score
"Do you feel that Randy, the way the shit clings to the air?...... Shit Blizzard"
Bubbles

7FG5D00Z.jpg

GI Joe

Reaction score
So apparently since Kim moved the thread he has lost all perspective as well. Care to tell him how to run his board too ? Or is it just me that you want to keep making snide comments to?

As for you nuclearmuscle523. I'm pretty sure the sticky in the Tech section outlining what belongs in the Tech section and what doesn't is very clearly worded in English. So keep being a smartass.. that always works out for the best.

I did not try to tell anyone what to do...I made a statement of my opinion...a subtle statment at that...but you always wear your feelings on your shoulder...
I dont have a problem at all telling kimmer my opinion either...because he will listen, view it objectively and yes make the final decision. With 28 years in the military I understand how that works. But what he does not do is to take it personally because someone disagrees with his opinion. Thats whats different. Your attitude has become increasing worse here and many people have been talking about it. You think I give a shit in the big scheme of things whether you move thread or not? Ha!
I said you are losing perspective. I meant it. The 3rd post the guy post part numbers and pictures, how to mount ect,...post 6 part number post 7 links to parts...That technical to me...Thats my opinion and thats what I said...You are losing perspective of whats technical and what is not...people are smart enough to read each post before yours and see if its chit chat or technical information...that is if you dont edit it...
You can say or type what ever you want now...I am done with the issue..

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did not try to tell anyone what to do...I made a statement of my opinion...a subtle statment at that...but you always wear your feelings on your shoulder...
This coming from the person that threatened to withdraw his SV money from the board because I moved an advertisement thread out of the tech section in to your vendor forum, AND PMed you and POLITELY explained what I did, and said that I didn't want it to get buried multiple pages down after a day. And the funny part is, it got 7 views and ended up 40 posts down after the first day in tech, but then got 80 views after being in your vendor forum for 1 day. The same person that when I moved a for sale (private, not business) post to the classified section AND left a redirect so it would get twice the exposure AND sent you a message saying so, you replied back and said you didn't pay the board for me to moderate you, your posts, or your forum.

Ever since then you have made multiple snide remarks toward me. I have not said a single thing to you about it... I wear MY feelings on MY shoulder?
I dont have a problem at all telling kimmer my opinion either...because he will listen, view it objectively and yes make the final decision. With 28 years in the military I understand how that works. But what he does not do is to take it personally because someone disagrees with his opinion. Thats whats different. Your attitude has become increasing worse here and many people have been talking about it.
I didn't post and say this isn't tech I am moving it. Wasn't a dick about it. I posted and asked for the thread to become more "tech" (meaning less what part should I purchase) or it was going to need to be moved. And what were the replies? Smart ass comments about tech police and fucking mod gestapos. Really wonder why my attitude has become "increasingly worse"? We (and when I say we, I mean ALL of the board staff) have worked gawddamn hard for the last 3 years on this board. We offer a forum that is quite different from most. There is very damn little that we ask of people. But it is complete bullshit when we do enforce something to have people act like we have no right to say something to them.
You think I give a shit in the big scheme of things whether you move thread or not? Ha!
Obviously you don't. That's why you didn't reply.... Oh wait, nevermind.
I said you are losing perspective. I meant it. The 3rd post the guy post part numbers and pictures, how to mount ect,...post 6 part number post 7 links to parts...That technical to me...Thats my opinion and thats what I said...You are losing perspective of whats technical and what is not...
So basically I am the bad guy in your eyes for trying to enforce a board rule that the board staff (as a whole) came up with and one of our moderators posted as sticky in the tech section
This section is for the discussion of technical related topics, i.e. installing parts, upgrading parts, diagnosing trouble, etc.

It is not for discussion of which part to buy

people are smart enough to read each post before yours and see if its chit chat or technical information that is if you dont edit it...
Not that it is really anyone's concern. But since you want to make the statement maybe you need to have a little better understanding of what you are referring to. I was PMed by the person who started the thread and was asked to remove all of the BS from his tech thread. I removed the posts he was referring to. Then someone went in and made another BS post. I removed that one. Then one of his running buddies went back and made another BS post. So I edited the content of the post. You would think after a while he would have caught on. But instead he kept going back and making more BS posts in the OP's tech thread trying to stir up crap with someone that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP of the thread or the thread topic. So yes.. I edited the post. Twice. And he again went in and made another smart ass comment. So I pinked him. Sorry if trying to get someone to keep a tech thread "tech" instead of letting them trash the thread offends you.
You can say or type what ever you want now...I am done with the issue..
And so am I. Glad we both cleared the air.

GI Joe

Reaction score
This coming from the person that threatened to withdraw his SV money from the board because I moved an advertisement thread out of the tech section in to your vendor forum, AND PMed you and POLITELY explained what I did, and said that I didn't want it to get buried multiple pages down after a day. And the funny part is, it got 7 views and ended up 40 posts down after the first day in tech, but then got 80 views after being in your vendor forum for 1 day. The same person that when I moved a for sale (private, not business) post to the classified section AND left a redirect so it would get twice the exposure AND sent you a message saying so, you replied back and said you didn't pay the board for me to moderate you, your posts, or your forum.

Ever since then you have made multiple snide remarks toward me. I have not said a single thing to you about it... I wear MY feelings on MY shoulder?

I didn't post and say this isn't tech I am moving it. Wasn't a dick about it. I posted and asked for the thread to become more "tech" (meaning less what part should I purchase) or it was going to need to be moved. And what were the replies? Smart ass comments about tech police and fucking mod gestapos. Really wonder why my attitude has become "increasingly worse"? We (and when I say we, I mean ALL of the board staff) have worked gawddamn hard for the last 3 years on this board. We offer a forum that is quite different from most. There is very damn little that we ask of people. But it is complete bullshit when we do enforce something to have people act like we have no right to say something to them.
Obviously you don't. That's why you didn't reply.... Oh wait, nevermind.

So basically I am the bad guy in your eyes for trying to enforce a board rule that the board staff (as a whole) came up with and one of our moderators posted as sticky in the tech section

Not that it is really anyone's concern. But since you want to make the statement maybe you need to have a little better understanding of what you are referring to. I was PMed by the person who started the thread and was asked to remove all of the BS from his tech thread. I removed the posts he was referring to. Then someone went in and made another BS post. I removed that one. Then one of his running buddies went back and made another BS post. So I edited the content of the post. You would think after a while he would have caught on. But instead he kept going back and making more BS posts in the OP's tech thread trying to stir up crap with someone that had absolutely nothing to do with the OP of the thread or the thread topic. So yes.. I edited the post. Twice. And he again went in and made another smart ass comment. So I pinked him. Sorry if trying to get someone to keep a tech thread "tech" instead of letting them trash the thread offends you.

And so am I. Glad we both cleared the air.

I've read the rules and I said the perspective of whats technical is diminishing...my opinion.
Make all the misrepresentations (half truth stories) you wish...as I said I'm taking the high road...

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a super nice FRPP FR500-C steering wheel

mustangtuning_2116_40739771

They are no longer in production. You can't get them anymore. Mine is brand new in box.

$400 including the adapter hub and shipping and it's yours!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back