Ahhh sen say engine go boom.. no more wax on...

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys I can really say I am happy i found this forum when I did.. Thanks Nick... You have been nothing but helpful and the locals.. what can I say.. PM's phone calls... Almost felt like I got a group hug yesterday which has made the ordeal better... The girl is a little stressed out because we just sat and talked about buying a house and wedding.. all that fun stuff.. but I promised her this wouldn't get in the way.. was just an obstacle I had to over come.

At the same time after reading some of the comments I am glad more are learning from this then trying to stretch out there luck and killing there motor... I had to go outside today and make sure she was OK.. Its amazing with all the time and effort we put into these cars.. we sometimes worry about them like there our kids.

I will try to get pictures today of the mighty hole.

Now all I need is a place to start working on the car and know knowledgeable folks who can help me pull this motor out.. :D

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yes it did. it must have been a wrist pin

06roush

forum member
Reaction score
The girl is a little stressed out because we just sat and talked about buying a house and wedding..

I knew about the house but i didnt know about the wedding.. Congrats Craig!!!:thumb:

I hope all things with the new motor go great..

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
let me make sure your priorities are in order.

Motor
House
Wedding

OR

House
Motor
Wedding

haha

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
let me make sure your priorities are in order.

Motor
House
Wedding

OR

House
Motor
Wedding

haha

I was in the same situation the other week.
House
Wedding
Motor/Trans.

My trans went so the rotation is now
Trans
Wedding
House
Motor
Then baby.

I thought my girl would be pissed, but she seen how my I acted when the car broke and gave me the OK to put a new Trans in it.
Now im back to
Wedding
House
Motor
Than we will have our 1st child.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
House
Wedding
Motor/Trans.

Trans
Wedding
House
Motor
Then baby.

I thought my girl would be pissed, but she seen how my I acted when the car broke and gave me the OK to put a new Trans in it.
Now im back to
Wedding
House
Motor

Glad to see you guys getting married, why should you have it better than the rest of us...

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
House
Wedding
Motor/Trans.

Trans
Wedding
House
Motor
Then baby.

Now im back to
Wedding
House
Motor

Mustang owner's Gf/Wife - " Honey, let's have a baby!"
Mustang owner - "Not yet, we aren't ready"
Mustang owner's Gf/Wife - "How can you say that, we would make great parents"
Mustang owner - "We (I) still need to do the trans swap, and engine build"

Now THAT's being an enthusiast! :roflmao:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I thought I would share my day...

So here is the story.. I was picking up my friend Andrew in Livermore to head over to Napa to pick up an extra belt for the dyno tune tomarrow... We pulled out on to Stanley at 3/4 throttle.. hit 3rd gear and BOOM.. blew a hole the size of a silver dollar out the drivers side of the motor.. you can see the rod snapped in half through the hole.

Well called around in NorCal AND SoCal and they all said... Its the tune.... Surprise, surprise...

Well the good news... I called MMR and it looks like I am going to be getting the MMR900... Good up to 900 RWHP... Short block.. I asked about the heads and was told the stock heads are good up to 1200 HP...

I made the mistake of calling Cali HP Addict.. :clap:

Once I get it complete I plan on running max boost from the Saleen (14-15psi) which should put me with GOOD TUNE... keeping my fingers crossed... But the car is out till the weather gets better...

Looking at getting Long tubes, shortie x pipe
8 rib set up
Thumpers tensioner
GT500 throttle body
few other odds and ends.. hopefully car should be back up and running for the new year.

500RWHP Daily driver.. Maybe a 75 shot of nitrous to boost it up to 600 if I happen to run into a Z06 :doggy:

hey man i just reread your first post. id be weary of MMR because the block you are getting is cast iron. youll be adding 100 lbs to the front end of the car easy and You still need motor mount adapter. I know they offer the aluminum block from a 05 but the last few people who ordered from them said they are out of stock. and FRPP is backordered on them. also read their fine print. you will notice that MMR will not cancel any order processed for any reason..so if they dont have hte only stash of aluminum blocks on the planet, I bet they take your order, process your credit card nad then in a couple days , they tell you...oh, by the way, the block is backordered, but we should be able to get you your motor in 3 to 5 years

before you settle on anyone. Give LArry_H a shout on here. He built my engine for far less than any shop could quote me for the same parts. Its a total one on one experience and hes available all the time to talk to, bounce ideas off of, and get good, quality information. That alone was worth the cost of the build.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, Larry H is good. Just don't distract him too much while he builds my 351W!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is a 351W stroked to 427, and based on Kevins advice, Larry's and Mike Simon (my buddy that is installing the engine and doing some interior and body work as well) I'm going to keep it N/A.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just pulled my blwn motor about 3 weeks ago so if you need some pics or info just holla. I was looking at the mmr900 longblock being that im worried about my heads being any good, then I could have mmr just install some stage 2 cams and ported heads while they have it! After talking with everyone in the "Transmission Swap" thread, I think Im going to check into Lentech. Thanks for that everyone!!:beer:

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
It sucks to learn about your engine, BLWN 05. Also, I've met armycook1981 in person, once -- cool dude -- sucks to learn about his engine, too.

Is yours procharged? and you live in houston .... just looking at your avator. I meet you on the west side meet i think..

Yeah it sucks theres a thread here it has videos and so forth.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back