Aluminum 4.6 Block Stock Bore

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Up for sale is a stock aluminum block. Stock bore and all the cylinders look pretty good. Does need to be cleaned up and tanked. Comes with stock 4.6 crank and caps. $600 obo

DSC_0773-1.jpg

DSC_0774-1.jpg

DSC_0775-1.jpg

DSC_0776-1.jpg

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. I actually wrote him before I bumped this. I read his post and it reminded me lol

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
How much power can the stock block handle with upgraded pistons and rods? I may be looking for this for a project if it can take what I plan on throwing at it I would love to pick up a stock block and build it on the side rather then have my car down again.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
How much power can the stock block handle with upgraded pistons and rods? I may be looking for this for a project if it can take what I plan on throwing at it I would love to pick up a stock block and build it on the side rather then have my car down again.

The block with the right internals could probably handle more than you could throw at it sir....

Sent from my phone. I'm driving

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score

What he said ^. That's what I was doing with it too. Just got side tracked. No need for it anymore now.

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
I don't trust these aluminum blocks that's why I'm asking and Its going to be built for a serious shot with a staged system probably 75 to 150 to 350 and I don't mean off a controller just 3 separate stages.

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
There's plenty if people making great power on here with these, over 700 rwhp. Run a search on it. I can't link any threads for you cuz im in my phone. I've never seen a block failure though

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
I don't trust these aluminum blocks that's why I'm asking and Its going to be built for a serious shot with a staged system probably 75 to 150 to 350 and I don't mean off a controller just 3 separate stages.

850hp. if you need more then get a teksid. For 3v heads it will require more work but a teksid will hold 1600+ do a search and chack out the accufab cougar. its running a stock teksid.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
They'll hold way more than 850 hp. They're arguably the best aluminum block to date. And Mihovetz's Teksid isn't exactly stock. Still impressive regardless.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

The rotating assembly would go before the block. Like others have mentioned the 3L block is stout.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Hitting it with a shot like I plan on I was worrying about the actual block cracking.

These blocks don't crack. With good hardware throughout, and some money in a rotating assembly, you'll be good for well north of 1000rwh.

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
They'll hold way more than 850 hp. They're arguably the best aluminum block to date. And Mihovetz's Teksid isn't exactly stock. Still impressive regardless.

all thats done to mihovetz block is good prep to reduce stress risers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back