Any movie buffs or movie goers?

Discussion in 'Other Hobbies' started by Black_GT, Dec 16, 2008.

1. waylander

waylander forum member

yup Black Panther is a cracking movie - unlike most comic adaps there is no "danger to the world" and city levelling fights (and it's all the better for it!). Some of the SFX are a little shonky but overall I loved it!

Being (mainly) white it is interesting to see an action/super hero movie where the big names are predominantly black (and this does not detract from the film one iota).

2. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

Caught Black Panther on Sunday. Thought it was fantastic. For me it was clearly one of the best entries in the MCU. For sure in my top 5 MCU movies. If I had to rank my top 5 MCU movies it would be

1. The Avengers
    2. Black Panther
    3. Iron Man
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy
    5. Captain America Winter Soldier

3. waylander

waylander forum member

not a movie but another NetFlix adap... properly excited for this!

4. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

Aw man, I was waiting for the robot. And was one of those people is supposed to me Dr. Smith?

5. waylander

waylander forum member

apparently Parker Posey

6. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

Jesus, it looks like I was drunk in my last post.

7. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

You weren't???

8. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

Lol! I was at work! Possible a small aneurysm?

9. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

Avengers Infinity War release date was moved up a week!!!!!!

10. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Saw Red Sparrow over the weekend. Nicely done.

11. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

The wife and I rented Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri over the weekend. I thought it was very well made, very well acted and kept me interested through out the whole movie. IMO the ending sucked though.

Also caught Thor: Ragnarok over the weekend. Easily the best Thor movie and one of the best entries in the MCU to me. Doesn't crack the top 5 but top 10 for sure

12. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

We watched Thor: Ragnarok Saturday. It was an impulse buy while we were at Wally World. Hilarious, great movie. I could watch it multiple times easily.

13. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

I picked up the Thor BD this weekend and we watched it Saturday. Great flick, easily the best Thor movie and one of the better MCU movies as stated.

14. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

It is very rewatchable. Loved the banter between Thor and Hulk

15. LikeabossTM

LikeabossTM forum member

Suburbicon. Never have I been so disappointed in a movie as to write a review. Pure garbage with completely unnecessary plot devices (racial tension) which only served to fill the underwhelming writing with more underwhelming writing.

2/10, don't bother. Clooney should stick to acting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

16. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

Never even heard of it.

17. Shaffe

Shaffe forum member

I think it was that one that looked like it took place in Nuketown lol with Matt Damon

Yeah it was definitely one of the best MCU movies. If I had to rank them I would probably go something along these lines:

1. The Avengers
    2. Black Panther
    3. Iron Man
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy
    5. Captain America Winter Soldier
    6. Civil War
    7. Thor Ragnarok
    8. Guardians 2
    9. Iron Man 3
    10. Avengers2
    11. Captain America
    12 Dr Strange
    13 Ant Man
    14 Iron Man 2
    15. The Incredible Hulk
    16. Thor 2

Haven't Seen Spiderman Homecoming yet so can't rank it but I think that is all of them so far.

18. waylander

waylander forum member

saw "I, Tonya" yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was an issue for me though, some of the laughs were awkward ones when abuse was involved. All in all a good watch

19. 08StangGT_CS

08StangGT_CS forum member

Lol. Got through about the first ten minutes of this movie before I turned off the TV.

20. bujeezus

bujeezus forum member

My wife begged me to watch I, Tonya. I told her I'd sit on the couch and probably fall asleep. Wound up laughing my ass off. If any of this movie is factual, I feel pretty sorry for Harding, but you never know with these "based on" movies.