Any movie buffs or movie goers?

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Caught Spider-Man homecoming yesterday. This will be the first time I am all caught up on MCU movies before an Avengers movie comes out.

Spider-Man was pretty good. I liked how it was a little different from most "origin" stories. Had some really good lines in it, and the PSA commercials with Cap were hilarious.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Watched Blade Runner 2049 last night. Loved it. Still prefer the original but it was still a pretty good movie.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Watching 2049 really makes me want to watch the original again. I'm glad I own both of them though.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was that one that looked like it took place in Nuketown lol with Matt Damon

Yeah it was definitely one of the best MCU movies. If I had to rank them I would probably go something along these lines:

1. The Avengers
2. Black Panther
3. Iron Man
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Captain America Winter Soldier
6. Civil War
7. Thor Ragnarok
8. Guardians 2
9. Iron Man 3
10. Avengers2
11. Captain America
12 Dr Strange
13 Ant Man
14 Iron Man 2
15. The Incredible Hulk
16. Thor 2

Haven't Seen Spiderman Homecoming yet so can't rank it but I think that is all of them so far.

I would put Guardians in the number 1 spot. I can re-watch that movie 100s of times and still enjoy it each time.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Wife and I watched Game Over, Man on Netflix a couple nights ago ... looked extremely stupid in the trailer, it didn't disappoint, haha

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Watching 2049 really makes me want to watch the original again. I'm glad I own both of them though.

You should watch the mini movies that tie the two stories together. They can be found in the bonus material on 2049.
I loved the new Blade Runner, its a perfect continuation of the original. The people who made it were very much honoring the original work, to the point that some of the original film's staff was used on 2049. I think a re-watch will help after you watch the 1st movie along with the short films .

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
A highly underrated recent movie is "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets", I believe the guy who directed "The 5th Element" made it, very well done.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
A highly underrated recent movie is "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets", I believe the guy who directed "The 5th Element" made it, very well done.

Wife and I saw that a few nights ago, loved it.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Wife and I saw that a few nights ago, loved it.
My wife absolutely loved it too, turns out she is as big a Sci-Fi fan as I am. We picked up "The Last Jedi" a few nights ago, another home run! lol.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I wanted to see that but the Rotten Tomatoes ratings made my shy away from it. Nice to know you guys liked it. Another movie I want to see is The Dark Tower. Excellent book series by Stephen King but again, shitty reviews.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I wanted to see that but the Rotten Tomatoes ratings made my shy away from it. Nice to know you guys liked it. Another movie I want to see is The Dark Tower. Excellent book series by Stephen King but again, shitty reviews.
The really departed from what I understand.
Like Stan Lee said about the Marvel movies doe, “retcon a bitch yo, you ain’t realize we’ve rewritten Wolverine 17 times, enjoy the movie for what it is”

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I have never bought tickets for any movie in advance, but did for Avengers. I checked my local theater and it actually had a lot of show times sold out so scooped my tickets to see it Saturday the 28th

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Planning to do the dinner-and-a-movie thing tonight, the movie being Super Troopers 2.
Wife really wants to see it :)

I do too, of course.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back