Any one using an after market Bluetooth in your mustang?

scotty

forum member
Reaction score
If so where are you putting the mic?
I have a Alpine w205 screen with the add on bluetooth piece. I currently have the mic on the side of the map light piece. When talking to someone they can hear them self as an echo. Has any one had this problem? If so how did you fix it? I have tried to move the mic around with no luck.
I starting to think is just a POS setup.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine is a clip on mic and it is on the drivers sun visor.
About the only way you are going to get rid of the "echo" effect is to turn down the volume on your head unit. They are basically hearing their own voice come from your radio speakers.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pioneer AVIC-D3 with a Windows Mobile phone here, mic as shown below. No echo, no issues.

parrot02.jpg

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pioneer Avic F90bt. Mic is in the same spot as hawg, drivers side visor and its clipped on. I also have a windows mobile phone, no issues or echo

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Pioneer AVIC X910BT here. I too have my mic mounted on the visor. On my deck and maybe all of these Pioneers they have echo cancel built in for this very reason.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
i also have the pioneer AVIC X910BT. my mic is mounted on the plastic housing with my dome lights as well. no one i have talked to has said anything about an echo, the just bitch about how loud the car is..lol

scotty

forum member
Reaction score
I tried the of them places. I guess just need to go with pioneer. It suck's to spend 150.00 on the BT piece for it to be a POS.
Thanks for the info guys!'s

Infamous

BMW
Reaction score
I tried the of them places. I guess just need to go with pioneer. It suck's to spend 150.00 on the BT piece for it to be a POS.
Thanks for the info guys!'s

hit up alpine and see what they say first. i know theyve taken a slide towards ghetto blinginess as of late but they've always had the expertise and know-how. my oldschool alpine type X (vifa) components are my pride and joy of my system, i like them more than my pioneer nav (which has the bluetooth mic mounted in the same corner as the other guys above me, also with windows mobile phone).

give them a chance to either fix it, give you free shit, or refund you

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back