anyone experience with 315 tires

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Just the thought of driving in the rain with 305 or wider R-comps on the rear and 255-ish street tires up front is scary. The understeer that you get used to in the dry can easily turn into oversteer in the wet just by adding only a little throttle.

There is a reasonably good way of estimating a tire's actual section width on wheels of various widths, either from mfr data and "measuring wheel width" or from your actual section width (330-ish) and its actual measurement at the beads (outside to outside here, to match the inside to inside at the wheel which is the way wheel width is measured).

Norm

Agreed. A 325 rear R compound + 255 front street tire = looney tunes.
That's a whopping 70mm stagger. Some fellow posted several years ago, who tried a 285 rear + 225 front combo ( both street tires). 60mm stagger. It under steered real bad. This above 325 /255 combo esp with a R compound rear, will be even worse, dangerous really.

How much RWHP does he actually have ?

philip_mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out!

Please let us know the wheel spec. 20x11? What offset?

20x11 offset 56

They are close to the fenders (off course) but they don't touch it.
And on the pics it doesn't look that wide at all I think.

I only have it back for about 3 weeks now so I haven't driven it a lot.
Still driving rather gently and not putting it to the max but for what I've done so far there is no problem with the difference in size between front and back.
But I will keep an eye on it as I get used to the new setup. If it doesn't feel good, I'll def upgrade the front ones.

Don't know the RWHP yet. Like I said I'm going easy on the engine right now. Will do a dyno but not right now.
It is estimated at 650-680 flywheel HP.

Now i'm looking to buy some gauges to keep an eye on my AFR. It should be good but I've got a gaugepod that's been laying around for 4 years now so with this setup it's a good time to use it.
An AFR and boost will be the most intresting I suppose but what would I take best as third one? Any advise on that?

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Now i'm looking to buy some gauges to keep an eye on my AFR. It should be good but I've got a gaugepod that's been laying around for 4 years now so with this setup it's a good time to use it.
An AFR and boost will be the most intresting I suppose but what would I take best as third one? Any advise on that?

Yes Fuel-Pressure for the 3rd gauge !!!

Terry

philip_mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Yes Fuel-Pressure for the 3rd gauge !!!

Terry

That was my first option for the 3rd. Some say oil pressure or temp is more important because if your AFR is good then your fuel pressure is also good, ...

How thirsty is your car terry, got an idea?

I've been driving carefully, not pushing it to its limits but far from driving slowly and the computer says it's doing about 8 mpg...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That was my first option for the 3rd. Some say oil pressure or temp is more important because if your AFR is good then your fuel pressure is also good, ...

How thirsty is your car terry, got an idea?

I've been driving carefully, not pushing it to its limits but far from driving slowly and the computer says it's doing about 8 mpg...

Gauges are as we both know up to the owner.
I like a real Oil-Pressure-Gauge or Temperature Gauge so no wrong choices just a personal decision sort of thing.

I will add this to gauges ............

I've honestly never even made the attempt to look in the direction of the pillar gauges or any other gauge when actually under WOT (Wide-Open-Throttle).

Way to damn BUSY seeing where I was going to even give a damn gauge even a quick glance.

I can tell you about Fuel Mileage for sure or at least give you some idea on it with mine.

The Saturday morning I got up Bobby & I met Brent & George at the Franklin, TN. Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

They headed back to Pierceton, IN.

Bobby and I headed off to Frankfort, KY. to see my brother and his new 2016 Z-06 Vette he just got a few weeks before.

On the trip North I told Bobby I'm going to do a reset on the Instant MPG (Miles-Per-Gallon) display and see what the heck it's going to do.
We were cruising at 70 MPH with cruise-set and No-A/C as the windows were down and it was really nice temperatures outside.
I was not in anyway driving aggressive I might add.
No passing in and out of traffic under power.
Just simply staying as best I could in the right slow-lane on the interstate at 70 MPH.

See pic below for a picture I took as we stopped for a piss brake and refill on the gas at the same time.

Talk about "Surprised" we both were to say the least.
In fact to continue on the gas mileage thing.
It still read 21 plus MPG even after we stopped multiple times and got to my brother's house.
The gas mileage on it now is excellent !!!
Brent I do know spent a lot of time in tuning the car.
I do mean like days of driving it himself and changing the tuning.
It all works as good as it possibly can IMO (In-My-Opinion) for a car like it is.
And once again the gas consumption is just totally "Awesome" if your simply cruising in it.

It will however eat gas if you start screwing around in it under POWER.

But, that's to be expected !!!

Terry

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Wasn't this car a 2011 at the beginning of the thread?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back