Anyone running the Edelbrock E-force kit on 2011-12?

Blazer707@TBR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
So what are the numbers for the bbr tune on the e-force kit? Anyon have any MPG numbers on the stock tune and the updated bbr tune?

-Thomas

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't dynoed the car yet, but will. I can tell you it's a monster power gain. I did more than a tune though. Opened up the air path coming in and out of the motor, and smaller pulley for twice the boost. The Edelbrock kit runs ok out of the box, but I wanted more. I have no doubt a proper tune and just a CAI would be a huge improvement. The Edelbrock tune is super fat. I showed readings of 10.3 on the A/F at WOT. The plugs were dripping in fuel when I pulled them to install colder plugs. They do offer a power train warranty you can buy if you have it installed by a authorized installer and I'm sure they want to keep the tune extremely safe. You also have to keep the car 100% stock otherwise to keep the warranty. It depends on how much power you want. If someone buys the kit expect to get it tuned properly at minimum for real power gains. The trans shifts are almost like stock as well. Not the best for hauling ass and performing to it's potential! I asked for near 600RWHP and think it's close. For a few simple mods the power gains were massive. Hope to find out soon enough what it'll do on the dyno and more importantly at the track. Seat of pants says it's fast and I've had 9 second rides. With sticky tires, gear, and convertor I have no doubt mid 10s or faster would happen. I wouldn't be suprised as is with stock gear and converter it'll go well into the 10s with some good tires. Only one way to be sure.:evillaugh:

jeff s

Reaction score
Nice to hear good things about the E-Force. They don't seem to be as popular as some of the other kits, at least not yet. I think it's easily the best set-up for a stock motor.

Anybody see a price advertised for the 15880 kit?

This is the same as the 1588 street legal model, but without the handheld tuner. I think that's the way to go for a mild setup. Thinking about this with the 3.5" pulley, an O/R-X, custom tune and that's it.

Should be an easy 600 hp at the crank, and then some.

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
Nice to hear good things about the E-Force. They don't seem to be as popular as some of the other kits, at least not yet. I think it's easily the best set-up for a stock motor.

Anybody see a price advertised for the 15880 kit?

This is the same as the 1588 street legal model, but without the handheld tuner. I think that's the way to go for a mild setup. Thinking about this with the 3.5" pulley, an O/R-X, custom tune and that's it.

Should be an easy 600 hp at the crank, and then some.

From my research just over 500RWHP is easy with 3.5 pulley, CAI and tune. Xpipe will help for sure. Very suprised how much louder mine is with the xpipe. The Edelbrock tune is ONLY for someone who wanted to pay to have it installed, pay for a warranty, and leave it all 100% stock otherwise. I can also say my MPG went down with Edelbrock tune by a bunch due to how fat it is. I'm already getting better MPG.

ZLLJ

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was no cutting required for their kit.

That is very nice.

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't realize there was no cutting required for their kit.

That is very nice.

You do have to drill and tap 3 holes. Drilling is very easy with a 90 degree air drill. The tapping was a little more difficult, but still much better than hacking at that cover. Other than that it's all step by step with good directions.

jeff s

Reaction score
From my research just over 500RWHP is easy with 3.5 pulley, CAI and tune. Xpipe will help for sure. Very suprised how much louder mine is with the xpipe. The Edelbrock tune is ONLY for someone who wanted to pay to have it installed, pay for a warranty, and leave it all 100% stock otherwise. I can also say my MPG went down with Edelbrock tune by a bunch due to how fat it is. I'm already getting better MPG.

What do you have for mufflers? I'm planning on keeping the stockers, and don't want loud, just wan't to let it breathe and not worry about cat problems.

If the 15880 can be had for under 6G I might go that route, otherwise I think a 1589 can be pieced together cheaper. I'd like to keep the stock airbox though, to limit boost and noise. I need reliability and will be limited to a 91 octane tune. Don't want to run a boost-a-pump either. The standard set-up and just a tune might even do the trick.

I'm probably a year out from taking the jump, but it's fun to plan!

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
Stock mufflers. It's still fairly quiet at idle and part throttle. Much louder wide open. I can tell you the stock setup and a proper tune will make for a heck of a fast street car. There's a lot to be gained from the Edelbrock tune that's for sure. I was wanting to keep the stock airbox as well until I found out that would be a restriction at the level I wanted to be at. I bet you could get well over 500RWHP through the stock airbox with 3.5 pulley, x-pipe, and proper tune.

jeff s

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and for creating this thread.

Hope to see more input from others going the E-Force route as well.

Implosive_disgorgence

forum member
Reaction score
edelbrockbay.jpg

frontshot.jpg

EdelbrockDyno.jpg

Edelbrock 1588 w/ stock pulley
Edelbrock Competition air intake
BBR x-pipe
BBR dyno tune
BBR Installed (same day install)
25mpg highway on the way back from BBR

it's for sure a monster! and at stock boost levels im not afraid to beat on it whenever i feel like!

Last edited:

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score
BBR x-pipe
BBR dyno tune

it's for sure a monster! and at stock boost levels im not afraid to beat on it whenever i feel like!

Holy crap, just an X pipe and the Edelbrock CAI + tune got you to 542? That's insane!

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
BBR x-pipe
BBR dyno tune

Very nice. I didn't dyno mine, but plan to after new shortblock due to #8 giving up this week.:rant: But...I can tell you it was an absolute beast. I have no doubt it was at or over 600RWHP. I had pretty much the same setup except BAP and 3" pulley.

JerryC

Reaction score
Very nice. I didn't dyno mine, but plan to after new shortblock due to #8 giving up this week.:rant: But...I can tell you it was an absolute beast. I have no doubt it was at or over 600RWHP. I had pretty much the same setup except BAP and 3" pulley.

That's the first SC'd #8 going bad that I've heard of. Details?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

Who's tune were you running?

VET-KLR

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear about your problems man. Glad to see you are handling it well. Hopefully I'll be ok at the stock ~5psi.

It is what it is. I'm just ready to get it back going and turned up even more without worries. :evillaugh: Got some local 5th Gen Craparos to put the beat down on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back