Aren't you a little too old for that car? (Answer)

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
There is the stigma that the Mustang is a kid car and the older generation prefer the larger challenger. My dad has an SRT8 and feels the mustang is too small, but I bought my 09 from a 73 year old who had to give up the clutch.
If kids would stop ruining the looks of the mustang and crashing em no one would ever suggest there’s an age limit on em. I’ll be an invalid with my mustang still in the garage

Mrjfk65

Reaction score
Macman45 summed it up perfectly... I get annoyed at the boy racer "mods" because I end up getting unfairly grouped in with that crowd... You know the crowd, the muffler delete, Eleanor grilles, black wheels, blackened emblems, etc...

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
If it's too fast, you're too old, does not apply to me. No such thing a "too fast".
My grandfather built a 56 F-100 after he retired. He was probably somewhere in his 60's. I was driving it one time and he made a comment about the mileage being horrible and that's why he towed it to shows out of town. I told him he didn't have to get a 460. He smiled like a kid and said yes he did. Now he's 87 and has a 57 T-bird with a 302/AOD drivetrain.
I had hotrods with car seats in them. Idgaf what someone says.
I used daily my old Cobra. The looks I got when I dropped/picked up my kids at school were priceless. It was a little loud from the D1 and Stingers. The dads looked jealous and the moms looked pissed. Sometimes I'd leave the car seats in at shows.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm in my mid fifties. Does that mean I should stop building my 9 second car?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
55 and getting ready to add all the mods I’ve had on the shelf.
I refuse to grow up and they can kiss my grits if they don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle2115

Reaction score
Late 60's and took off work last year to drive up to Oklahoma and pick up my one owner '05, screaming yellow GT.
Old fart my age had only put 28k on it.
People where I work said, "Damn Kyle, you look good in that car. Looks like it's taken 10 years off your age....."
As well they should. :beer:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Late 60's and took off work last year to drive up to Oklahoma and pick up my one owner '05, screaming yellow GT.
Old fart my age had only put 28k on it.
People where I work said, "Damn Kyle, you look good in that car. Looks like it's taken 10 years off your age....."
As well they should. :beer:
61 here, Kyle and couldn't agree more. In the meantime, here's to you :cheersman:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I said the same thing when I was 23 lol. But now I look at age as only but a number and still feel young at heart. Hopefully by the time you reach our age, you'll look back and say to yourself, damn that old fart back in the day was right all along :laughlots:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back