Aren't you a little too old for that car? (Answer)

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lund has managed 330 rwhp + a whopping 416 rwtq from the mustang ecoboost eng..... with just a 93 tune..... nothing else. On paper, with globs of tq, it should be good in a street race....or the strip.

If it holds together and doesnt blow up.

06StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
If it holds together and doesnt blow up.

Check out Auto Mafia Racing on facebook. They have done a few of the 3.7's and have come out with impressive numbers. This was from a facebook post I saw;
"525 rwhp 464 ft lbs of torque. 8-9 psi of boost on the NPG 3.7 V6 Mustang Turbo Kit. Auto Mafia Tuned. FIC 1000cc Injectors DW400 Fuel Pump. 93 Octane and VP C85 Fuel"

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I know I hate the sound of the eco-boosts, but seriously, if we think about it, they will be good motors to swap into JDM cars. Example, if you can find a straight 240sx, instead of messing with Japan trying to find a worn out sr20det, or rb25dett, or rb26dett to go in, or screwing around with yet another LS, drop and eco-boost from a mustang in. They are new, parts are new. You don't have to straight pipe the dumb thing. Sounds like a good idea, really.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I know I hate the sound of the eco-boosts, but seriously, if we think about it, they will be good motors to swap into JDM cars. Example, if you can find a straight 240sx, instead of messing with Japan trying to find a worn out sr20det, or rb25dett, or rb26dett to go in, or screwing around with yet another LS, drop and eco-boost from a mustang in. They are new, parts are new. You don't have to straight pipe the dumb thing. Sounds like a good idea, really.

This is the right idea.. hell I’d like to see Ecoboost foxbodys running around!

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
4175f82988e35026bf286e7d692319c0.jpg

66 years old. 13 GT with 6R80 swap and Roush SC on E85. 10.1@138.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be 50 next March and I'm still as in love with my Bullitt as the day I bought it, 4 years ago. I've never got the age question though, just compliments on the car. My favorite interaction was last year at the alumni party. A friend of mine was introducing me to someone and he interrupted him, and said "Oh, I know him. He's got that badass Mustang!"

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on your S550 vert. For those who claim that you're too old? they're just jealous because you own a Mustang but yet they don't and are therefore in denial lol. :waytogo:

Snakethat

forum member
Reaction score
Im 42 and never really been asked that question. However my wife has been asked by other wives. How do you feel about your husband spending all this money on his car? Her typical reply is "if he's happy doing it, why not." I was surprised by how many wives asked her that question.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Im 42 and never really been asked that question. However my wife has been asked by other wives. How do you feel about your husband spending all this money on his car? Her typical reply is "if he's happy doing it, why not." I was surprised by how many wives asked her that question.

Another typical reply towards those other wives could be. He's doing something he enjoys in a positive and constructive manner that always keeps him at home where he belongs lol.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
So we drove out to meet with our financial advisor last Thursday . . . my wife having joined me in the 70-something club since I last posted to this thread.

"Aren't you a little too old for that car?"

Not our advisor's exact words, but that was clearly his reaction to finding out that our "family sedan" was now a 6-speed WRX. The expression on his face was brief but priceless.

Norm

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back