axle back

Ghost1

Reaction score
Purchased 3 axle backs from american muscle msrp & s something none fit any suggestion!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
post in the correct section.... moved

how about you also be more descriptive of the fitment issue...

thailand

forum member
Reaction score
My MBRP fit pretty well. I did have to slightly bend the hanger a bit, but they fit better than the Pypes I had before.
But, stkjock is right...what "didn't fit"? The hangers, slip fit? Both are pretty easy fixes, and most need a little persuasion...

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
My MBRP fit pretty well. I did have to slightly bend the hanger a bit, but they fit better than the Pypes I had before.
But, stkjock is right...what "didn't fit"? The hangers, slip fit? Both are pretty easy fixes, and most need a little persuasion...
Are you referring to the hanger rods that are welded/attached to the axle backs or hanger brackets which are bolted to the chassis? I'm not quite sure which hangers to which your referring :shrug:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If 3 of them have not fit, it must be something that has been fucked with as far as the car goes.
Did a previous owner put on a jobber over the axle pipe? Has the car been hit in the rear?

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
If 3 of them have not fit, it must be something that has been fucked with as far as the car goes.
Did a previous owner put on a jobber over the axle pipe? Has the car been hit in the rear?

This needs to be answered first, assuming this isn’t a troll post. One not fitting could be a defect, three points to something else.

Photos of the underside of the car would probably help too, showing the hangers and the over-axle pipes.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Either (1) you're not ordering the correct part f/ your vehicle, or (2) something's amiss w/ your existing car/exhaust. Which is it?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Hangars on the frame installed wrong? Looks to be 90* off to me.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I second that, and maybe try loosening the clamps on the over axle pipes at the mid pipe to get more adjustability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
But aftermarket mufflers aren’t made to Ford specs so fitment is all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thailand

forum member
Reaction score
Are the tips clamped on? If so, I don't think the muffler is correctly oriented to match the hangers. I think that you may have to try and install the hangers and muffler, and leave the clamp to the H-pipe loose. You will probably be able to line it up, or see where you have to do some adjusting. I'd take the muffler tips off for now, as they may be impeding your install.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
His mufflers are on the proper sides. The orientation of the tips are properly angled where there supposed to be. It's his hangers on the frame that are on the wrong side. Switch the hangers and the mufflers should line up correctly.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
His mufflers are on the proper sides. The orientation of the tips are properly angled where there supposed to be. It's his hangers on the frame that are on the wrong side. Switch the hangers and the mufflers should line up correctly.
You might want to zoom in on the pictures.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back