Axle Exchange questions...

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought a used 4" aluminum 1 piece axle exchange driveshaft and an MGW short throw shifter.

questions i have-

- should i have the shaft balanced before install? (seller said it was perfect; he upgraded to carbon fiber...
- should i wait to install the shaft until i get a safety loop? i do drag race my car
- should i wait to install the shaft until my MGW shifter arrives?
- my car is lowered and i do have a steeda adjustable control arm, any insight on pinion angle?

hoping to get into the 12's more consistently ( did a 13.05 @ 109mph on friday with a terrible 2.07 60' time) hopefully the 0.2 tenths savings are true...

any insight would be great, thanks guys

zachman

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed an axle exchange driveshaft in my 2008. My car is lowered 1.5 inches and I installed J&M adjustable upper control arm to get the proper pinion angle, Axle Exchanged recommended. You might check their website for instructions. I have no vibrations.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed an axle exchange driveshaft in my 2008. My car is lowered 1.5 inches and I installed J&M adjustable upper control arm to get the proper pinion angle, Axle Exchanged recommended. You might check their website for instructions. I have no vibrations.

thanks zachman; i just checked their website, found some good stuff thanks, any before and after driving impressions or track times?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back