BBK Headers Mix Match

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Random question, I got bbk lth with high flow cats mid pipe but wanted to get the off road x pipes without cats however bbk has discontinued them and they're sold out everywhere. So has anyone had any experience mix matching exhaust parts, for example could use pypes mid pipe or another brand that won't give me a headache installing? Thanks!

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I’m running Kooks LTH with Pipes Off-road H and Magnaflow Cat back all mixed together. The Pipes ORH is a direct replacement for the Kooks catted X and worked with the stock cat back or the Magnaflow. Companies don’t advertise interchangeability with “other brands” but if you look at how the sections of pipe are arranged you can figure it out. There are several Cut-N-Clamp options that can be adapted as well.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the reassurance websites say no compatible with other brands and guess it makes sense for them to say that. lol

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Update after searching online for the better half of the afternoon I had no luck finding catless mid pipe :( worst case I'll take a cutting wheel and welder to it lol

Waakeeen

Reaction score
I have a catted xpipe now but I was tuning it for the pops but cause of my cats I can’t do it. Lol

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I see AM has a catless cut and clamp X pipe in stock now. Cheep. What’s the problem? If you want lean pop on deceleration all you have to do is have an exhaust leak at the mid pipe.

Waakeeen

Reaction score
Hahahaha this is true but I already had my f150 cut and welded exhaust and I’ve had nothing but problems with it. I found pypes off road xpipe on AM but it won’t fit with my long tube headers. Also my car was tuned by Lito and he incorporated the pops but he said to save the cats he couldn’t make it that loud.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back