Blacked out rear lights :-(

gbstang

Reaction score
Right https://www.lkqonline.com/2006-ford-mustang-tail-lamp-assembly/-h3KjmncKKj
Left https://www.lkqonline.com/2006-ford-mustang-tail-lamp-assembly/-h4KjmncKKj

$90 bucks for a pair. My time and aggravation is worth something to me. Fucking with painted taillights to remove tint is worth a hundred bucks plus a little time or so to be done with it. Then I would sell the tinted units for $75 bucks and be $25 into it plus a little time I spent swapping them. That's easy math for me. You can do what you are comfortable with. We all do what we think/feel is the right way to do it.

R27c286ebdc9fe8b1936ad6491f17de7f

I guess your time is real expensive.. I will put in the what? 2 hours maybe removing the tint. Your gonna waste more looking for a set, then assuming you find them, wait for shipping, remove the old ones, install the new. Now I am not going to go into the aggravation of selling stuff, done enough of it.. so I think what you are suggesting is alot more work, time and aggravation, been there and done that!

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
LOL, Yeah, everybody on this forum KNOWS they are they same!! I was being sarcastic, but then you would need to read into that...comes with education I guess. I have probably owned more cars, (Mustangs also) than you have so I think I know a bit more about them.....

I am NOT suggesting something foolish, only to you I guess.. To throw away your money on a set of tail lights because only YOU are too lazy to put in a bit of work speaks volumes... Now go back to bed, mommy says adults are talking and its past your bedtime.
You're a great addition to this forum. Thanks for your wonderful input.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess your time is real expensive.. I will put in the what? 2 hours maybe removing the tint. Your gonna waste more looking for a set, then assuming you find them, wait for shipping, remove the old ones, install the new. Now I am not going to go into the aggravation of selling stuff, done enough of it.. so I think what you are suggesting is alot more work, time and aggravation, been there and done that!

Taillights are EASY to swap. Inner trim panel, then nuts (10mm) holding them to the car, Unplug from the harness and they are out. Swap the mini light harness over and reverse. Probably take all of an hour. Done.

Then you can sell the old ones, or not. You could round can them. Futzing around with the whole deal to polish them clean which may or may not work. What's the polish kit cost? What do you value your time at? And what if the polishing doesn't work or works just so-so? What if it's not like OEM and that's your goal? Aggravation for doing this is also a factor to be considered. The net sum of all that, for me, is just swap in clean OEM lights. OP can try what ever he likes and you can polish all you want. That's fine either way. I'm just suggesting a different way.

I even found a tutorial.

N2STC

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I certainly didn't think this would be controversial and didn't want it to be. Let's remember we are here because we like Mustangs and have that in common.
I have a rule for meetings at work: "We talk about things, not people." Maybe that would serve us well here.
I do appreciate all of the suggestions. Peace.:igiveup:

gbstang

Reaction score
Taillights are EASY to swap. Inner trim panel, then nuts (10mm) holding them to the car, Unplug from the harness and they are out. Swap the mini light harness over and reverse. Probably take all of an hour. Done.

Then you can sell the old ones, or not. You could round can them. Futzing around with the whole deal to polish them clean which may or may not work. What's the polish kit cost? What do you value your time at? And what if the polishing doesn't work or works just so-so? What if it's not like OEM and that's your goal? Aggravation for doing this is also a factor to be considered. The net sum of all that, for me, is just swap in clean OEM lights. OP can try what ever he likes and you can polish all you want. That's fine either way. I'm just suggesting a different way.

I even found a tutorial.

Putz, you missed the point...

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

And as far as the lights go, I would do new. And be just fine w/$150 for the pair. But thats just me.
Ps: just got new front turnsignals. My left one has moisture and the reflector is fucked.

Deathstang II

Reaction score
Personally I would just go to the yard and pick the stock ones off the car and start over. That or look around offerup/craigslist. I still have mine that are in great shape that I swapped for some Gen 5 raxioms. Could sell 'em to you lol.

N2STC

Reaction score
Personally I would just go to the yard and pick the stock ones off the car and start over. That or look around offerup/craigslist. I still have mine that are in great shape that I swapped for some Gen 5 raxioms. Could sell 'em to you lol.
Hit me with a number in a private message.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back