Blower guys making over 700rwhp

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
Are any of you guys running out of fuel up top? My car starts to go lean around 6500 rpm.. I've got the 3.30 pulley and JLT intake on my Paxton and it's making around 12-13 psi at 7,000 rpm. The car has the usual ID1000's and a KB BAP.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
My combo is similar to yours and I had the same problem. I had to go with a Pro-M Wave maf to solve the problem. Some say it can be tuned without one but we were never able to.
After the new maf it is fine.

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
I run out of maf around 7400 rpm and my AFR starts to go lean from whats commanded. I'm sure if I got a new maf my fuel issue would be fixed, but hard to say without actually getting a new MAF.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
I've thought about Getting the pro m to solve the issue, I actually just installed the wire upgrade on my BAP, so maybe that will help ?? I'm going to get a new tune I think from either Lund or AED etc.. since they seem to be better at tuning these cars.

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
Are you maxxing out the MAF around 6500? If your not maxxing it out then that's not the problem, your just out of pump. There is a table to get more out of the fuel pump just like a BAP that your tuner might not know about.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure what it is to be honest. I've got some logs out, so hopefully it'll get figured out. Shaun from AED said he knew what the surging at part throttle problem was, and hopefully I can get this lean condition figured out as well. I sent some data logs to beef so he could check em out and make suggestions.

I personally don't see how I'm running out of mass air at 6500 but who knows. Shaun did say there was a way to get more out of the mass air, so I sent him some logs to check out also.

Phuck Phace

forum member
Reaction score
...Shaun from AED said he knew what the surging at part throttle problem was...

I have this problem, do you know how he fixed it?

I have the Procharger kit and I was running out of MAF above 6500 also, we threw the MAF into a larger tube and it fixed that problem.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
He said it had to do with a mass air setting. As soon as I told him what it was doing he said he knew exactly what it was. He also said there's a way to adjust the stock mass air to keep it from maxxing out so soon.

I also wired up my BAP wire upgrade, so hopefully that'll help. It did seem like the BAP was humming a lot louder after I did the upgrade.

Also, what pipe did you put the mass air into? My Paxton kit came with a 100mm housing, but if I could find something bigger I'd try it if it might help.

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
I personally don't see how I'm running out of mass air at 6500 but who knows. Shaun did say there was a way to get more out of the mass air, so I sent him some logs to check out also.
I can see it. In an 89mm tube and 8.5 psi I'm almost at the factory limit. Shaun helped me extend the maf also.

Phuck Phace

forum member
Reaction score
Also, what pipe did you put the mass air into? My Paxton kit came with a 100mm housing, but if I could find something bigger I'd try it if it might help.

With the Procharger kit the MAF was located in the intercooler, my shop made a 4 inch pipe from the IC to the TB and threw the MAF in there.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
My combo is similar to yours and I had the same problem. I had to go with a Pro-M Wave maf to solve the problem. Some say it can be tuned without one but we were never able to.
After the new maf it is fine.

stock maf has a limit of 86.6lb/min, hard coded value. I don't know if anyone has been able to lift this yet. From the sounds of some previous posts, this may have been rectified.

Last edited:

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I occasionally have a surge problem with my paxton blown car. As im coming to a stop or switching from drive to reverse it will surge and my car will actually try to go forward on me. Is this the surge you guys are talking about and also i believe my maf is maxed as well. This is a 3rd gear pull on a 80 degree day a few months ago.

21nmszd.jpg

87lbs per minute means im maxing my maf right? Would i benefit from getting the pro-m maf and getting a retune?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
As I told you before mack, Ken has you running waaaay rich and timing is super conservative.

Last edited:

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
ya i tried to get him another log to lean me out but no matter what i do i can't get the short term fuel trim bank1 to work and he wanted that. Ive tried all the sct programs and tried using a few cables and still no luck. I like the tune as it drives pretty awesome and the only problems i have are the occasional surging and low power. But everyone wants more power haha.

Last edited:

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
87lbs per minute means im maxing my maf right? Would i benefit from getting the pro-m maf and getting a retune?

Your maxxing out the hard limit in the ECU not the actual MAF. Datalog frequency and that will tell you how close you are to maxxing out the MAF. If your on the stock pulley and only pulling it to 7000rpm your probably just under 10,000 hz's which is no where close to maxxing out the MAF.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
ya i tried to get him another log to lean me out but no matter what i do i can't get the short term fuel trim bank1 to work and he wanted that. Ive tried all the sct programs and tried using a few cables and still no luck. I like the tune as it drives pretty awesome and the only problems i have are the occasional surging and low power. But everyone wants more power haha.

That log is right where we run my AF, but I run quite a bit more timing than that. More timing will really wake it up. I ran 16º on my stock short block for a while with no issues. With the Boss short block I am up to 19º at times.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back