BMR Cradle Lockout Legality in STP

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
Working with a friend on getting his car ready for a STP national run. 2017 S550 Track Pack car.

Been looking at the rules (2017 Rule book FWIW), and I can't determine if a Cradle Lockout kit from BMR would be legal.

Among other things, I noticed that all bushings can be replaced with any material "OTHER THAN METAL". Meaning that we can swap in a set of delrin vertical links and a set of poly delrin camber links while we are at everything. This is all unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since no one has replied yet....

For the cradle lockout, it depends on your point of view. Most inspectors will say "if the rule book does not clearly say that it is legal, than it is not allowed"

Most winning racers will say "its legal until you find it and tell me its not"

I would paint it flat black, bolt it on, maybe make it dirty or somehow make it look like its stock and has always been there and never say a word about it.

kerrynzl

forum member
Reaction score
Read the "short title" in the rule book

A lot of them say something like this or similar "All cars must remain standard /as manufactured except the following modifications allowed" [then goes through the list of rules]

This is usually to stop the likes of myself, who have a thinner interpretation of the rules than what the rulemakers intended.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
The basic philosophy behind SCCA's Solo rules is that "if they (the rules) don't say you can, then you can't". Section 14 (Street Touring) is kind of piggybacked on top of Section 13 (Street), basically saying that Section 13 rules all apply, including 13.1, except for what Section 14 additionally allows. In calling what you're allowed to do "allowances", anything not specifically allowed isn't allowed, and even things that are allowed may be allowed only if they do not also perform some disallowed function.

Norm

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back