BMR springs are junk...according to a Master Ford Tech

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Watt did you say? We've shipped a gazillion of those Watts thingys out.

ATB, yeah....nno....not so much. Got some prototypes though!!!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Either way, the story needs to be told either here or on FB in the group that should not be named.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
ACMR is entertaining in the aspect of seeing people with good setups or stories that normally never use a forum. But 95% of them are idiots. They have the most drama with classified sales; mostly kids that want something for near nothing or like to change a deal last minute. Then you have these kids that think they own a legit "business" and can't handle orders on decals. Popcorn worthy. But once in a while someone will have a legit question/story/result/build.

Zodiac

forum member
Reaction score
Well I was considering ordering these. Glad you guys could steer me elsewhere. Phew dodged a bullet there. Not sure how I managed to have them on my last car. :hidesbehindsofa:

Last edited:

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
No one should use sarcasm without a sarcasm emoticon. Not Sarcasm.

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score
Kelly,

I do have a question after seeing this thread. We have installed several springs over the years. I did notice that when we installed the BMR springs on our 06 GT (with spring compressor) the spring did have a hard time lining up with the strut mount. After the first install, we actually uninstalled and reinstalled them again(after a few miles), to verify the spring was aligned properly. We had the same issue the second time.

I have always wondered if that was normal with your springs. Then I see this thread so I had to ask. I haven't seen that with other aftermarket springs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember when the 05+ springs came out, there was a revision to the design shortly after the original version came out.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The first revision we made was going from a progressive design, to a dual rate with linear working rate design.

The current springs, some are different than others when installing. For example, the handling GT springs install a little differently than the drag, and the SP009 Performance Springs.

As for the angle of our springs, there is a reason that they are how they are. Several variables to the design choice are, compatibility with aftermarket strut perches (some have different angles than OEM) - and some motion ratio characteristic stuff, which I do not feel like explaining in depth on a public forum. ;)

I know of 2 other companies specific springs that are almost exactly like ours when installing.

With a compressor, like we instruct in our install instructions, it is very simple.

For example, if you have an issue with it like this:

11825766_975450199144029_7985342754828131753_n.jpg

...then you tighten the right side compressor a little more. Install USM, TQ it, then release the spring into the USM.

I may be a little bias because I do/have installed so many, though.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The reason this thread was started is because I had a customer who was having them installed at Ford. He called me and botched me out, I helped him and gave him very good advice on the phone.

After hanging up, he posted on FB that they are junk, and we are recalling them - LOL

He was trying to install them without spring compressor.

Several hours later, he got them installed.

To my knowledge he still has them on the car and all is well.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
You should reach back out to him and offer to pay his membership dues to mensa.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Yup ... This guy. I thought fat people were supposed to be happy go skippy?

20575135491_38968c1e7d_h.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back