Bought a New Challenger SRT8

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
As some of you may remember, we used to have a 2008 Challenger SRT8 Core. I loved the car, but was not able to get around in the snow, so we sold in in 2010 to get a Jeep.

Well, I am doing better money wise, so I decided to trade one of my Mustangs for a new 2014 Challenger SRT8 392.

It weighs about 650 lbs more than the GT, but it is just as fast as the Mustang GT since they put a 470-hp / 470 lb-ft of torque 392 CID (6.4 L) SRT8 Hemi V8 in it. They also added 3.93:1 gears, launch control and some Brembo's. I like it. Its fun to drive.

We also bought my son a 2015 Challenger SXT with the Track Pack, and we got my daugther a Charger R/T with the standard Hemi V8. I'll post some pics of those later.

Looks like I am going to have to join a MOPAR/Dodge forum (cringe... LOL) to find out what the heck to do to this things.

Let me know what you guys think of this one...

ChallengerSRT8_Front_3.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Front_1.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Front_2.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Side_Badge.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Back_1.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Back_3.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Back_2.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Engine_Bay.jpg

ChallengerSRT8_Dash.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I was looking through the pictures thinking it looked really nice and how well Dodge nailed the retro look but then I got to the interior shot and it looks really plain. As much as I like the exterior I don't think I could buy one.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Its funny, but the car is really plain inside. The only things that really pop is an orange strip with the SRT8 logo on the seats.

As far as the retro look goes, except for the headlights and grill, it reminds me more of a 69 Camaro than a 69 Challenger. LOL...

It is a lot of fun though. I highly recommend taking one for a ride one day, even if you don't plan on buying one.

I have had several Mustangs for 7 years straight. I still have the GT500... that isn't going anywhere... but I really like these SRT8's. Between the Mustang, Jeep, Challenger and Charger, it should mix things up and give us a nice variety of vehicles.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks great!
I was just in Woodbridge last week, should have looked you up!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice car, the more I see these the more interested I am.

If you don't mind me asking what the price on it?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks great!
I was just in Woodbridge last week, should have looked you up!

That would have been awesome. Next time, let me know for sure. It would be cool to hang out and put faces to names!

Sweet ride Marc.
you should never get bored:)

Thanks brother!

Nice car, the more I see these the more interested I am.

If you don't mind me asking what the price on it?

Thanks man. This one was $50,000. It doesn't have heated seats or reverse cam (but I'm adding them). There is something else missing compared to the high-end 392, but I don't remeber what.

EDIT: It does not have the lower valance fog lights either. Need to add those to the list of stuff to get.

Its a great looking car--congrats!

Thanks! I appreciate the kudos!

Last edited:

chrish5517

forum member
Reaction score
sweet car! Thats the best color by far!

What do you do for a living, and how can I Join?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pick up. I catch myself looking at those more and more.

If that's the LX platform then I've heard good things about the LX forums. My buddy is on there for his Charger.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
sweet car! Thats the best color by far!

What do you do for a living, and how can I Join?

LOL... I am a computer scientist on contract to the federal government. I am literally the only person in the world who has my specific job, but, if I get fired, I'll let you know. :thumb2:

Nice ride I'm digging the orange

Its funny, the last one was orange too. But for some reason, I don't have any pictures of it... at least intentional ones. I got some partials where it was photographed by mistake. LOL

Dscf0589.jpg

oldsrtclip.jpg

Nice pick up. I catch myself looking at those more and more.

If that's the LX platform then I've heard good things about the LX forums. My buddy is on there for his Charger.

Honestly, I am not sure. I have to get into the Challenger forums and see what's what. My biggest problem is going to be finding a site for Challengers that is as good as this one is for S197's. I got spoiled over here.

BTW, maybe over the weekend I can get some nice pics of all three cars together... but for now, here is a couple quick one I shot with the blackberry of my son's SXT. 16 years old... lucky shit. He's lucky his mother loves him. I was gonna get him a $1,500 notch-back. LOL

Challenger1.jpg

Challenger2.jpg

Challenger3.jpg

Le sexy..

If I act like your son for a year can I get one?

ummm.... for some reason, that seems a little creepy. Besides, 1 PITA teen boy is about all I can stand. LOL

Last edited:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Brother Marc,
Whatever you're doing sir, it's looking great from here:)
Congrats Brother!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back