BrenSpeed Detroit Rocker Cams

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
car 2 blow by racing cam tuned by dynospeed
before cam 306rwhp 298rtq after cam 357rwhp 323torque
dynospeed said that the believe if the car had aftermarket injectors it could have hit into the 365-380 range as they advertise b/c the computer on the dynojet reported there wasn't enough fuel being sent so the stock injectors of his car was topping out.

Ford racing cam will probably give you more torque out of all of them with ported ford racing heads, but blow-by racing cam will give you more rwhp.

BBR stg2 are the most agressive out of the 4 you mentioned, I have them in my car and love them, I can take a sound clip later.

J

JP229

Ok here is my question, Wow do you have a CAI? I'd assume with everything else you probably do. I want to know how with the addition of udp and dp that you dynoed 323.00 RWHP and 302.92 Torque, while 07 vert got 320 at the wheels with torque of 311. Is it the fact that you have 4.10's and thats making the dyno read low??? I would think the udp and dp would be good for a few more than that. I know you don't care about numbers, but wouldn't you expect to see yours dyno a few more than 07verts?

To both above quote:
Every car will be different whether that have the exact mods or not. A lot of other technical stuff to factor in as well really. Cant always go off dyno numbers. My tuner did a 3V with almost exact mods as my car and it made 315hp to the tire on a bolt on setup compared to my 317hp to the tire(MAYBE 320's with Steeda UDP's). After doing the same comp cams, springs, and phaser lockouts in both cars, the other one made 367hp compared to my 358hp. Granite my car has 3.90s and the other had either 3.73 or 4.10. Either way, the gear ratio even if it does affect dyno #'s, cant be very dramatic between 3.90's to a 410 or 373. . .

car 2 blow by racing cam tuned by dynospeed
before cam 306rwhp 298rtq after cam 357rwhp 323torque
dynospeed said that the believe if the car had aftermarket injectors it could have hit into the 365-380 range as they advertise b/c the computer on the dynojet reported there wasn't enough fuel being sent so the stock injectors of his car was topping out.
WOW to BBR cam!! So just the BBR cams and it went from 306/298 to 357/323? Was this same dyno??

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
My car put down 311 rwhp after LT and O/R X pipe install at Gearheads. but the weather was the epitome of shitty that day.

few months later curiousity gets the best of me, me and Brn N Rubr go to a different dyno and viola....325 @ the tire with exactly zero changes. there are just a lot of factors that can influence what a car sees on the dyno.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Hey op what midpipe do you have on that? Id love to hear an idle clip without uber wind too.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Pypes h-pipe with hi-flow. I will take a video of start up, idle and drive by. It is still very windy today...

usafimj

Reaction score
BBR stg2 are the most agressive out of the 4 you mentioned, I have them in my car and love them, I can take a sound clip later.

Can you make a vid clip for me. What mods do you got. Thanks

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I am editing the video now. It should be up in about an hour.

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
i am sorry but i just cant hear the cam as well as i thought i would. i planned on ordering these monday but i might have to wait to see some more cars. the one on brenspeeds website sounds great.

do you have a video with the car warmed up.

Here is the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Q5lXk3ylE&feature=channel

Just for a comparison I have a video of my 07 vert with NSR cams, BBK LTs and SLP LM. Sorry the poor quality as it was shot on a camera phone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wMXhD21oxI&feature=channel

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
This thread rocks!! My detroit rockers are in a ups truck somewhere headed west....really west, 4k miles west! Lol

Patrick

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
You need a baffled muffler like a flowmaster to bring more of the cam sound out. I have the FR500S which is a straight through design which takes away from the lope.

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I think these cams are fantastic for NA cars, power band looks excellent and the sound is cool for sure. Only thing I would do is change out those mufflers, for some reason those FR500's just sound funky

J

JP229

You need a baffled muffler like a flowmaster to bring more of the cam sound out. I have the FR500S which is a straight through design which takes away from the lope.
Plus that kinda seemed like a cold start up. It idled down more later in the video.

Peaky85

forum member
Reaction score
This thread rocks!! My detroit rockers are in a ups truck somewhere headed west....really west, 4k miles west! Lol

Patrick

Well that sucks ! I heard UPS drivers cant swim and their trucks wont float ... so what now ?

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I wish someone would do the Comp Cam "Big Mutha Thumpr" Stage 3's. I've always wanted to hear them on our 3v cars. The Stage 1's sound like FRPP Hot Rod cams, the Stage 2's sound... well just badass. Those stage 3's hafta sound like an animal.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back