Bubbling paint

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 gt with 22,xxx miles. While detailing her I noticed that the leading edge of the hood had a spot where the paint looked and felt rough. When I noticed this I popped the hood and found that the underside of the hood was pretty badly bubbled and cracking as well. I was not very happy. While continuing to clean the car I noticed a spot on the driver's side fender was doing the same.

Anyone else have this issue? Im Taking her in this morning at 7 am and was just curious if anyone else was/had this problem.

I'll post some pics in a bit

Ps: It's ingot sliver I don't know I'd this makes a difference

:helpme:

Tungsten Stang

Reaction score
I personally have not. (06 GT) But at the body shop I work at, I noticed the same thing on the passenger side of a 10+ mustang. Take it to ford it should be covered under warranty.

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
2012-05-10065342.jpg

2012-05-10065620.jpg

2012-05-10065646.jpg

max2000jp

forum member
Reaction score
Get it in ASAP. This is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty, but is NOT covered by the rust coverage policy.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Found out my 06 GT had it in four places under the hood.

Was told by a member here, that it was a contamination and originally Ford (back at that time) was just swapping parts out.

To actually fix it right, you have to stip it all the way down to the metal.

Take it in, should still be covered under warrenty.

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
Took it in and the people who deal with warranty work weren't in yet. Ill be going back within the hour.

Trouble

Mrs. Badnews
Reaction score
Same thing happened on my 06. Warranty covered it (I was covered under 3/36).

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Took my 05 7 years to finally do that on the hood...then I sold it :roflmao:

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same thing on my 07.

Since I'm out of warranty it was a good excuse to get a cowl hood.

But of coarse I put it on and my GF cant see over it :mad2:

WereWolf

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same thing on my 07.

Since I'm out of warranty it was a good excuse to get a cowl hood.

But of coarse I put it on and my GF cant see over it :mad2:
what she doing driving your car anyway???

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
My 06 has some bubbling on the leading edge of the hood also but I may be respraying the whole car next year.

BlueSoulStang

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe low or no clear coat which cause moisture to seep under the paint. Good thing your getting it taken care of. You don't want no rust on that shiznit. :D

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
my hood is starting to look pretty bad in places. Just going to have a friend strip it down and repaint it.

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
Luckily it will be taken care of first thing Monday morning. The people at the body shop said that the hood was most likely due to corrosion of the aluminum hood but they could not explain what was happening on the fender. I'm confused on how a car with 22000 miles could have a corroding aluminum hood...

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
It's a very common problem. My '05 is getting pretty bad, but like others, it's my excuse to get a cowl hood. I also have a little clear coat peeling on the doors by the mirrors, around the door handles, and around the antenna.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
I unlike everyone else find it unacceptable for some reason lol. My previous vehicle was 9 years old with 91,000 miles and the paint was just fine. I expect a better product from ford.

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
Update

My dealer is taking care of the issue as I post this. They also hooked me up with a sweet loaner. It only has 40 miles!

2012-05-14112040.jpg

2012 V6 premium

Axton_118

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 gt with 22,xxx miles. While detailing her I noticed that the leading edge of the hood had a spot where the paint looked and felt rough. When I noticed this I popped the hood and found that the underside of the hood was pretty badly bubbled and cracking as well. I was not very happy. While continuing to clean the car I noticed a spot on the driver's side fender was doing the same.

Anyone else have this issue? Im Taking her in this morning at 7 am and was just curious if anyone else was/had this problem.

I'll post some pics in a bit

Ps: It's ingot sliver I don't know I'd this makes a difference

:helpme:

My 2008 has it on the front edge on the underside. My sisters 06 GT had it as well. I think its from how the water runs off the hood somehow? hell i dunno...drives me nuts though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back