Build thread - everyone else is doing .

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
So... I am going to start my build process.

In the process of ordering parts

Current situation

05 GT Vert
DOB GT450 set-up
3.65" pulley
47lb injectors
Dual GT supercar pumps in stock fuel hat.
S&H fuel pump rewire set-up
Comp Muthr thumpr cams
Comp limiters
FRPP lash adjusters and rocker arms upgrade
New timing kit
Pacesetter long tube headers
Offroad H
Pypes mid-muffler
Hurst STS

Looking to get/ now purchased parts

Wiseco Pistons -6cc dished (hopefully 9.6:1 CR) (780) - bought!
Manely rods with ARP2000

ARP headstuds (380) -
ARP Side bolts -
ARP main bolts -
TR6060 -
Exedy clutch -
gt500 crossmember -
gt500KR STS -
motorcraft head gaskets
motorcraft rear main seal -
5.8 oil pump
tss billet oil pump gears
8 rib setup

I think all i need is machine work/bearings

Goals 550-600 on current set-up and one day upgrade to a 13+ GT500 TVS blower for added power/ lower IATs

Any suggestions please let me know - I have bugged BRUCEH in pms a little. HAHA

Pics for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Corpo

I
Reaction score
If your limiting the phasers. Tss gears. If fact. Tss gears either way. Unless melling makes a 3v oil pump now. The 2v-4v melling pump is less volume then the 3v pump.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Wow!! I would have been satisfied with your current build when I had my 3V!! LOL!

Your car is gorgeous. Good luck on the build!

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Darren! I was going to post it for sale as is and get a 2015. But this car has too much "sentimental" value to me. And there's that deal that the wife wants another kid here soon. So this was my most econically friendly way to do things. LOL

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
After much research I decided to go with all ARP fasteners for my build including head studs, main studs, side bolts, flexplate bolts, balancer bolt, etc. This way you only have to buy them once, and also have some peace of mind. Also go with TSS gears if you're gonna have your oil pump out no matter what! They're not cheap but in the grand scheme of things they're not that expensive either. Also, I have my stock crank available if you're still looking for one, it has just under 57k miles, looked to be in great shape when I pulled it a couple weeks ago. Either way good luck with your build!

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Just placed an order.

Manley Rods w/ ARP2000
Wiseco pistons w/ rings -6cc dish
ARP head studs
Motocraft head gaskets

- $1870 shipped.

It will be here wednesday so ill take some pics of the pistons. I dont know of anyone here running them, but according to the dealer I got them from they seem to be better than any other shelf piston he carries (manley/mahle/diamond/CP) thicker side skirts and what not.

Features:
*2V PI, 2V TFS, 3V and 4V Specific Pistons - Valve Reliefs come standard with all sets.
*Forged from 2618 Alloy Aluminum
*Wiseco Armour Glide Skirt Coating
*In-Board Forging with a Strutted Skirt Design keeps them light weight and keeps the material where its needed.
*.300" Down Top Ring for Nitrous and Boosted Applications
*.155" Skirt and Strut Thickness
*Pressure Balance Groove between Top and Second Ring
*Supplied with Total Seal Gas Nitrided Steel Top Rings, Napier 2nd Rings and 3 Piece Oil Ring. Just like the Total Seal AP Steel Ring Sets, but with the Napier 2nd Option being standard.
Supplied with 2.250" .173" Wall 4130 Chrome Moly Pins with .150" Wall 9310 Pins being offered as an upgrade

Last edited:

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Bought some more parts.

stage 8 header bolts
BMR driveshaft safety loop
ARP main and side bolts.

I need suggestions on spark plugs - 2005 style heads.
thanks!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Were the Wiseco pistons in stock? A few months ago they stopped making the multi head pistons.

I've always run ht0 plugs with the older heads. Always work well. Be prepared to spend a little more for normal maintenance items like plugs, fuel filters, and oil changes.

Last edited:

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Dang, I didn't realize you had all this done already! Good luck with the build, maybe I'll see you around haha. If you dont mind me asking, did you sell your neon?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Were the Wiseco pistons in stock? A few months ago they stopped making the multi head pistons.

I've always run ht0 plugs with the older heads. Always work well. Be prepared to spend a little more for normal maintenance items like plugs, fuel filters, and oil changes.

I got them from excessive motor sports and he told me they were in stock. So let's hope. I'll call today and ask for a tracking number

My concern with the ht0 is gapping. I hate to buy a special tool to gap spark plugs.
Best of luck with the build!

I cast another vote for TSS oil pump gears.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110929

Thanks! Those or mmr I guess!

Dang, I didn't realize you had all this done already! Good luck with the build, maybe I'll see you around haha. If you dont mind me asking, did you sell your neon?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Hey thanks man! Yeah I sold it awhile back. Guy in Mississippi has it. But he traded someone the built motor so it's back to stock.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You don't need a special tool. A spark plug socket, vise, and screwdriver shaft will do the trick just fine.

I'd suggest you search for plug issues prior to making a choice. The HT0 plugs work well.

I got them from excessive motor sports and he told me they were in stock. So let's hope. I'll call today and ask for a tracking number

My concern with the ht0 is gapping. I hate to buy a special tool to gap spark plugs.

Thanks! Those or mmr I guess!

Hey thanks man! Yeah I sold it awhile back. Guy in Mississippi has it. But he traded someone the built motor so it's back to stock.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
You don't need a special tool. A spark plug socket, vise, and screwdriver shaft will do the trick just fine.

I'd suggest you search for plug issues prior to making a choice. The HT0 plugs work well.

thanks ordered some HT0!

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Currently researching valve springs - id like to use stock retainers. but something that will work with my VCT being limited. Seems from my research most valve springs dont work well with VCT unless its locked out.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
got some parts that came in.

S&H fuel pump wire upgrade
stage 8 header bolts
ARP Main bolts
ARP head studs
ARP side bolts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back