Bump Stop Advice

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, but ive also moved my bumpstop in. I no longer have the factory perch.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. I would think that wouldn't matter for the purposes of this discussion ..... it only matters that you have 1.5" of suspension movement down before you're getting to you stops. That is much more than I have with one section cut off the FRPPs

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I think I have a set of FRPP bump stops laying around that you can have. They should be cut down to the first step IIRC. Let me dig them up. I'm in Fairfax, so, not too far away.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
I think I have a set of FRPP bump stops laying around that you can have. They should be cut down to the first step IIRC. Let me dig them up. I'm in Fairfax, so, not too far away.

That's very kind of you. Let me go ahead and cut the second section off the FRPPs I have and see how it works. If I screw it up, I'll hit you up for your set :)

want2race441

Reaction score
Good to know others are in the same 1.5" space that I'm at. My issue is that my coilovers only have 1.5" left of travel before hitting the bumper on the shaft. I've removed the frame mounted one because even cut down it wasn't enough room.

20200501_090103.jpg

JC SSP

Reaction score
I have never had a car so low that it hit the bump stops while NORMAL driving.

Consider loading the vehicle with (weight or full passenger capacity) on level ground and see if they are touching or even close. 1" -1.5" clearance is the norm, if you don't have that then trim bumper to desired height.

Also, don't forget front struts have internal; bump stops too... A topic for a different thread.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back