CAI and tune 5.0 (moved)

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
How about we start with the ridiculous amount of BS posted in this thread?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1114218-GT-s-with-Boss-IM-inside

...quite a bit from yourself.

First, the Boss intake is magnitudes cheaper to run than the CJ. It doesn't require a TB change and you can run the stock airbox by just replacing the intake tube.

Your math is wrong on all accords.

I see your times as:

...yet you somehow feel you have the authority to speak about how much better the CJ is over the Boss....

Laughable. I can point you to many stock intake and Boss intake cars that would spank that with ease with less mods.

Stop spreading the BS and mis-information, educate yourself and fix the shitty combination with your car.

You really are a moron. And I wonder why you were banned from SVTP.

The quote above is actually a copy and paste of antihero guys time. My car has never been to the track.

I found his old post where he claimed he was running 10.7 @ 124 on 93 octane and his times before where basically took out more weight he somehow ran over a full second faster.

Learn to read.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
How about we start with the ridiculous amount of BS posted in this thread?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1114218-GT-s-with-Boss-IM-inside

...quite a bit from yourself.

First, the Boss intake is magnitudes cheaper to run than the CJ. It doesn't require a TB change and you can run the stock airbox by just replacing the intake tube.

Your math is wrong on all accords.

I see your times as:

...yet you somehow feel you have the authority to speak about how much better the CJ is over the Boss....

Laughable. I can point you to many stock intake and Boss intake cars that would spank that with ease with less mods.

Stop spreading the BS and mis-information, educate yourself and fix the shitty combination with your car.

Now, since you cannot read, let's post the entire thing so the viewers can see.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygn View Post
I'd go with my boss mani all over again .. And why do you need a thottle body I don't see any gain over stock. HP numbers do nothing for me I only put down 411 and my car has been 10.97@124 with a 1.46 . Boss mani , JLT and stock thottle body . Oh and this was on Sunoco 93 only
Curious how you dropped over a second and trapped over 11 MPH more by not changing your mods.

Here is a copy of your post from last year running 11.9 and 12.28 with full bolt-ons and now you're running much faster. What changed? What is your race weight?

Auto swap stock converter
Boss mani
JLT cai
Long tubes
X pipe
Axle back
LCA
LCA relo brackets
Pan hard bar
Ford k springs
3.31 gears
295-55-15
Alum driveshaft

I feel my cars down on mph but don't know anyone else with a auto stock converter car. Here's the MT82 time 11.40@121 1.58 ..... Auto swap with 3.73's and stock 255 brembo's it went 11.94@118 1.86 .... Just did 3.31's and now it runs [email protected] 1.96

Does this look right , isn't 113.9 low for my mods or is the converter killing my now with the 3.31's

Look at my sig below guy. I have a 2014 GT. This guy has a 2012. Is there a difference? Not sure, you seem to be the expert.

Next time you try to call someone out, have the facts straight.

Look familiar?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Now, since you cannot read, let's post the entire thing so the viewers can see.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygn View Post
I'd go with my boss mani all over again .. And why do you need a thottle body I don't see any gain over stock. HP numbers do nothing for me I only put down 411 and my car has been 10.97@124 with a 1.46 . Boss mani , JLT and stock thottle body . Oh and this was on Sunoco 93 only
Curious how you dropped over a second and trapped over 11 MPH more by not changing your mods.

Here is a copy of your post from last year running 11.9 and 12.28 with full bolt-ons and now you're running much faster. What changed? What is your race weight?

Auto swap stock converter
Boss mani
JLT cai
Long tubes
X pipe
Axle back
LCA
LCA relo brackets
Pan hard bar
Ford k springs
3.31 gears
295-55-15
Alum driveshaft

I feel my cars down on mph but don't know anyone else with a auto stock converter car. Here's the MT82 time 11.40@121 1.58 ..... Auto swap with 3.73's and stock 255 brembo's it went 11.94@118 1.86 .... Just did 3.31's and now it runs [email protected] 1.96

Does this look right , isn't 113.9 low for my mods or is the converter killing my now with the 3.31's

Look at my sig below guy. I have a 2014 GT. This guy has a 2012. Is there a difference? Not sure, you seem to be the expert.

Next time you try to call someone out, have the facts straight.

Look familiar?

No you decided to copy and paste someone's post without using quotes apparently trying to call out crazygn for how he dropped a second off his times.

I don't see signatures over there.

The facts are you have never been to the track but want to boast about dyno numbers and speak with authority on the intake topic.

Some more fuzzy math for you:
1. Boss intake tube - $72.68
2. Boss intake manifold - $519.97
Total: $592.65 without shipping

CJ setup:
1. CJ intake manifold - $810.75
2. FRPP CAI - $303.60
3. Monoblade TB - $580.75
Total: $1,695.10 without shipping

These are all prices from Tasca Ford. They offer a combo kit for the CJ with a dual blade TB for $1,437.50.

If we take the least expensive CJ option compared to the Boss, you are looking at a difference of: $844.85. Huh.....over double the cost to run the CJ with no noticeable gains at the track compared to the Boss on a stock long block Coyote.

Wrong on all accounts there.

Incorrect statement here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-IM-inside&p=15330054&viewfull=1#post15330054
To each their own as you said. I'm very happy with my CJ. I don't have to worry about replacing my stock clutch to rev to 7,500+ to make peak power as you do with a BM. Also, if you cheap out, you cannot compare a used setup vs. a new or compare buying every single mod for one and only a few components for the other.

Really? I guess you really don't know that BOTH intakes require the same supporting mods and both have the same power curve at high RPM.

More misinformation.....stop spreading it.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
No you decided to copy and paste someone's post without using quotes apparently trying to call out crazygn for how he dropped a second off his times.

I don't see signatures over there.

The facts are you have never been to the track but want to boast about dyno numbers and speak with authority on the intake topic.

Some more fuzzy math for you:
1. Boss intake tube - $72.68
2. Boss intake manifold - $519.97
Total: $592.65 without shipping

CJ setup:
1. CJ intake manifold - $810.75
2. FRPP CAI - $303.60
3. Monoblade TB - $580.75
Total: $1,695.10 without shipping

These are all prices from Tasca Ford. They offer a combo kit for the CJ with a dual blade TB for $1,437.50.

If we take the least expensive CJ option compared to the Boss, you are looking at a difference of: $844.85. Huh.....over double the cost to run the CJ with no noticeable gains at the track compared to the Boss on a stock long block Coyote.

Wrong on all accounts there.

Incorrect statement here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-IM-inside&p=15330054&viewfull=1#post15330054

Really? I guess you really don't know that BOTH intakes require the same supporting mods and both have the same power curve at high RPM.

More misinformation.....stop spreading it.

Hey, way to cover your tracks!

You called me out, were proven wrong and decide to attack other parts.

Did you see what I paid for my setup brand new? Nope. You take a random price online and set the standard for it.

CJ Manifold WITH PORT - < $700 New
TB - $500
Custom Intake- $300 - Made Locally by Drew (01bluesnake)

I'm at $1,500 for a full setup with a ported manifold. No tax or shipping. I shopped around before buying the setup.

Now, most people won't just buy a tube, they will buy an intake as well. Airaid, JLT, etc. That's another $300, so the boss with intake is closer to $800.

This is one of the many reasons you were banned on SVTP. You were preaching to tuners, other shops about how they're wrong about XYZ, etc.

We can sit here all day and argue which is better. You think you're right no matter who you're speaking to. That's OK.

Nice thing is this site is very lenient when it comes to bans, so, you can continue to troll as you've been doing for years.

Thanks for taking the time to properly educate me master! Your wisdom is unrivaled.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, way to cover your tracks!

You called me out, were proven wrong and decide to attack other parts.

Did you see what I paid for my setup brand new? Nope. You take a random price online and set the standard for it.

CJ Manifold WITH PORT - < $700 New
TB - $500
Custom Intake- $300 - Made Locally by Drew (01bluesnake)

I'm at $1,500 for a full setup with a ported manifold. No tax or shipping. I shopped around before buying the setup.

Now, most people won't just buy a tube, they will buy an intake as well. Airaid, JLT, etc. That's another $300, so the boss with intake is closer to $800.

This is one of the many reasons you were banned on SVTP. You were preaching to tuners, other shops about how they're wrong about XYZ, etc.

We can sit here all day and argue which is better. You think you're right no matter who you're speaking to. That's OK.

Nice thing is this site is very lenient when it comes to bans, so, you can continue to troll as you've been doing for years.

Thanks for taking the time to properly educate me master! Your wisdom is unrivaled.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Not covering anything, calling you out for your inaccuracies and it seems to be a hard pill for you to swallow. All it takes is some goon on a forum to start spouting garbage they have no clue about and soon it propagates itself all over the Internet. Think about that for a minute.

...back to the fuzzy math....since you paid $1,500 instead of $1,437.50 we will add another $62.50 to the price difference between the CJ and Boss setups which brings us to a difference of $907.35.

That is ~60% increase in price difference for NO MEASURABLE TRACK GAINS. You should feel good about that.

I spend a lot of personal time helping people behind the scenes and much of it is covering the fallacies and dispelling the garbage posted on forums and social media just like the crap you posted over there. Do everyone a favor and stop. It is just more work for others.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight at all, just trying to grab as much info as I can for my goals of a pump gas 9 second pass with an si trim, so all the little power/efficiency stuff, I love reading.

Now, THAT being said...aren't there a lot of guys who have ran 10's na here with help/info from wbt?? Wouldn't that back any knowledge vs stupidity arguments??

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, man, I just reread my post. Didn't mean to be a dick. I think we all agree that the magic is in the tune, not the CAI. CAI's look awesome under the hood; they just don't add any real power. Much like axlebacks sound awesome, but don't add power. Not every mod we do nets more power, but they may reward us in other measures.

All good man at least this site is much cleaner than others.
I'm all for more power I still want more don't we all haha.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I need to check that car of yours out deepimpact. I've got a house over in Surrey Ridge, so I'm local. Work at ABF Freight right there on 35, race red '14 gt that parks out front on the appearance package wheels

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I need to check that car of yours out deepimpact. I've got a house over in Surrey Ridge, so I'm local. Work at ABF Freight right there on 35, race red '14 gt that parks out front on the appearance package wheels

I will be at LRD on 6/25 if you guys are interested in coming out. http://littleriverdragway.com/

Hopefully the rain will stay away this time.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Funny, I just got back home from there. I'll be down on the coast sipping something tropical that weekend. Definitely have to get together at some point.

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score

I sent a pm to ya funny we going to the coast next Monday haha.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back