California special fogs.... Question....

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by Jgt58, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Jgt58

Jgt58 Member

So I did a search and didn't see the answer to my question so to the s197 gurus it goes...

I have a 14 gt with grille lights. My question is can you run cs fogs at the same time as the GT fogs? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. WJBertrand

WJBertrand forum member

Yeah, I’m doing it. Just used one of the wires from the grill fogs to trigger a relay that connects the CS fogs to the battery.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jgt58 likes this.
  3. jewc75

jewc75 forum member

check your state laws, some states only allow 4 lights on at once.

4. WJBertrand

WJBertrand forum member

This is a good point. I may have incorrectly interpreted the OP's post as a technical question. I'm not sure about the legality, but in the 4 years or so since I installed and wired the CS fogs this way, I've not had a second look from any LEOs.

5. Jgt58

Jgt58 Member

No your right. I could care less about the legality of it. Just like No cat law

6. jewc75

jewc75 forum member

I care about the visual legalities, i dont want a reason to get pulled over. Once you are pulled over they can then do a full inspection and for me id be screwed.

7. Jgt58

Jgt58 Member

Thank God we don't have emissions here

8. scramblr

scramblr Senior Member S197 Team Member

Seriously? How many times have you seen that happen around here? I've been pulled over 3-4 times in the last 7 years and aside from the speeding ticket I never get out of, they always give me a warning for no front plate and a clear plate cover in the rear. Not once have they commented on anything else with the car, and they know it's not stock. Hope I keep getting lucky 'cause I know I'll get pulled over again. :whymewhyme:

9. jewc75

jewc75 forum member

Wanna know how many times ive been pulled over for my exhaust? lol my last ticket was 280 because of a noise ordinance. Thankfully its not considered a moving violation or my cdl would be screwed.

10. scramblr

scramblr Senior Member S197 Team Member

LOL...and your worried about visual cues.

jewc75 likes this.
  11. Jgt58

Jgt58 Member