Camaro vs Mustang Poll (Vote Now)

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
had to vote camaro... it basically always has and always will rape the stang lol

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I vote PINK name for slowstang

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
If the camaro was cheaper I'd buy one. 400+ horses? Why not? I'm gonna get messed with by V-6's here pretty soon....yack!

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well im hoping by next august i wont have to worry about it either haha

By that time, I'm hoping to have a motor/trans/streetbike/house :thumb:

lets see if I can pull it off!

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ehhh cant go against the mustang! my dad ordered the new Camaro ss should be here at the beginning of summer...should be interesting

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ehhh cant go against the mustang! my dad ordered the new Camaro ss should be here at the beginning of summer...should be interesting

Sounds like my dad, hes a die hard camaro guy. I could walk into his garage and put at least 5 motors together with all the shit he has laying around.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Reminds me of my grandpa.. Owns an 08 bullitt, but... If I walked into the shop, I could put together AT LEAST 3 El Caminos... lmao.

Don't dis the el camino, that bitch is bad.. haha. :leghump:

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
Vote is in!

Mustang!!

After the issues I had with my wife's 02 Z28 and my WS6 Trans Am...no thanks. My 02 GT had a lot of track time and never broke, those two cars broke too often.

Hopefully the new Camaro is better quality. I love all muscle cars and hate to see any built like crap!

I will say I miss my 67 RS/SS....

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
They forgot to mention in the specs that the Mustang is at least 400 pounds lighter. For someone like me, who is more of a corner carver than a drag racer, weight is a BIG issue. The Camaro with driver is going to be north of 4000 pounds, and I can't see that being easy to slip in between cones of an autocross course.

And if you are a hard core drag racer, the coyote V8 is coming, and it will put the boots to the Camaro's circa 1950 engine design.

Don't worry about the V6s giving you trouble. They are torqueless wonders. 270ish lb-ft coming at 5000 rpm+ to motivate 3400-3500 pounds is going to be balls slow. The current 0-60 time for the V6 is stated at 6.1 with the 1/4 in 14.4.

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
had to vote camaro... it basically always has and always will rape the stang lol

they might rape you son not me
but i'll take sd's quote , i cant wait for those ugly bastards to come out with their whopping 400hp then i'll blow his fuckin doors off

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree it's an ugly mofo from the front. I like the rear and side views, however. Now regarding specs: 3850 lbs/420 hp = 9.17 lbs/hp, and the GT 3650 lbs/315 hp = 11.58 lbs/hp. So on a stock to stock comparo. the Camaro should out accelerate the GT. I think the G8 GXP, which is essentially the same chasis and engine (same weight) but with less aggressive gearing, does 0-60 in 4.7. Apparently they've done a lot of work on the gearing (6 spd) to where they have the equivalent of 3.90/4.10 gears, but a tall overdrive for good mielage on the hwy, so I expect this new Camaro should do 0-60 in 4.6. That's pretty quick. Add to it the fact that it will have independent rear suspension, with aluminum pieces for less unsprung weight, and the thing gets more interesting and compelling.

There are, however two HUGE drawback to this new Camaro: 1) It is BUTT FUCKING UGLY from the front, (Oh, and in the inside also) and; 2) it is made by GM, and I too have had REALLY SHITTY experience with GM products...new pick-up trucks, new C5 Vette, etc.
No, I'm gonna hold on the Stang for a couple more years, and then I'm buying a 2 yr old, new-gen M3 with the 7 spd double clutch paddle-shifted tranny. Sure, they don't sound as cool as our cars, but I drove a buddy's and it is a very quick (0-60 in 4.1) car.:stir:
Now bring on the flames!:flamethr:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back