Camaro vs Mustang Poll (Vote Now)

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm buying a 2 yr old, new-gen M3 with the 7 spd double clutch paddle-shifted tranny. Sure, they don't sound as cool as our cars, but I drove a buddy's and it is a very quick (0-60 in 4.1) car.:stir:
Now bring on the flames!:flamethr:

I hope you can afford the bills... I have been throwing around the idea of getting an 09 M3 Sedan for a while now. My research points to one thing over everything else... after the waranty runs out, they are expensive as hell to fix. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic cars, I am just questioning how much I will be able to truly enjoy it. It has a 8300 rpm redline and develops most of its power in the higher rpm bands... and the fuel economy sucks. I can enjoy it most if I get it now and spend the next year here (in Germany) driving it. But that leaves me without a winter vehicle. Not the best idea here. I am instead thinking of trading my 335xi next year for an E93 335i (that's the hardtop vert)...

how's that for a hijack?

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
they might rape you son not me
but i'll take sd's quote , i cant wait for those ugly bastards to come out with their whopping 400hp then i'll blow his fuckin doors off
......that's untill they start adding blowers and turbos....

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
they might rape you son not me
but i'll take sd's quote , i cant wait for those ugly bastards to come out with their whopping 400hp then i'll blow his fuckin doors off

LMAO... +1000

Hell yea dude!!

WTF! They are comparing the 6.2L SS to a regular 4.6L GT! Top of the class Chevy Vs. Mid-Grade Ford??? Fucking Haters!!! That is Bullshit!

Why don't they compare the top o the line Camarat SS to the top of the line Mustang GT500? I'll tell you why! They are afraid to tell everyone when you compare the two "Top End" cars, that the Mustang STILL out-powers the SS by 130 HP (25%) and out-runs the SS by almost a full second in the 1/4 mile!!! Dumb ass haters!!!

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
And I'll tell you something else. At almost 4000 lbs with IRS, they are gonna need every drop of the 420+ HP to get that fat fucking pig down the track in less than 10 minutes!

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
......that's untill they start adding blowers and turbos....
And when they do tell them to take a number and form one orderly line to the left. The ass-kicking starts with the Challengers and continues on to that butt-ugly Crapmaro and whatever Vette wants to get ass raped as well.

In very short order I won't be bothered by too damn many things roaming the streets of any fuckin' city. Ford, GM, or Mopar........N/A, turbo(s), blower, or nitrous.

If you wanna step up you're gonna get knocked down. Bitch.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
And when they do tell them to take a number and form one orderly line to the left. The ass-kicking starts with the Challengers and continues on to that butt-ugly Crapmaro and whatever Vette wants to get ass raped as well.

In very short order I won't be bothered by too damn many things roaming the streets of any fuckin' city. Ford, GM, or Mopar........N/A, turbo(s), blower, or nitrous.

If you wanna step up you're gonna get knocked down. Bitch.
Woooooooooo take it easy there capt.Crunch!You got 4.6 built block with twins and pushing what 600-700hp if that,and your car is like 38-3900lbs?I've seen a charger 6.1 hemi with just forged internals,and a procharger pushing 850-900 hp and with 300-400lbs more it'll smoke the paint of your doors.Thats totaly different engine!close to 2L bigger.i like the enthousiazm but.....lets be realistic...see worked 5.4 thats another story.And as far as corvette goes theres vettes with twins that are pushing 1000+rw hp with just 12-14psi of boost.....so thats totaly different ball game......I now you're proud of your car but.....

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I hope you can afford the bills... I have been throwing around the idea of getting an 09 M3 Sedan for a while now. My research points to one thing over everything else... after the waranty runs out, they are expensive as hell to fix. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic cars, I am just questioning how much I will be able to truly enjoy it. It has a 8300 rpm redline and develops most of its power in the higher rpm bands... and the fuel economy sucks. I can enjoy it most if I get it now and spend the next year here (in Germany) driving it. But that leaves me without a winter vehicle. Not the best idea here. I am instead thinking of trading my 335xi next year for an E93 335i (that's the hardtop vert)...

how's that for a hijack?
i have a friend that has a o7 335i coupe 6spd.he did his upgrade at dinan cars.They replaced the turbos,biger injectors,biger maf, retune and all that came to about 7k!That litlse sucker's pushing 500rwhp at about 6-7psi!And it hauls ass....and if you're in the market for new m3(45-48k) it's really better if you get the 335 for like 26-28 and re-boost it

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are getting your $$$ numbers, but the new M3 is about $10k more than that, as is any of the 335s...

You don't really need all that Dinan stuff anyway, and it is very expensive. There are cheaper ways of adding HP to the E90's. But in all, it is just power with no other mods. And on a track, the M3 will still kill it since it handles so much better.

If all you want is straight line speed, you're a fool to go with a BMW anyway...

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are getting your $$$ numbers, but the new M3 is about $10k more than that, as is any of the 335s...

You don't really need all that Dinan stuff anyway, and it is very expensive. There are cheaper ways of adding HP to the E90's. But in all, it is just power with no other mods. And on a track, the M3 will still kill it since it handles so much better.

If all you want is straight line speed, you're a fool to go with a BMW anyway...
Oh,I havent goten into the details on that,I'm just telling it how it is.He's not gonna lie to me how much he spent!and showed me the dyno sheet thats what I'm going from.And yeah you can get a 08 leftover m3 for around that price (+/- 2k) The ones I was looking at was in bmw of atlantic city!Not a lot of people are buying 50k cars these days

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, so first let me apologize to the S197 Community for hijacking the thread....

how's that for a hijack?

I hear ya, and I've comtemplated the same things (335i etc). I have driven a new-gen M3, and even though it was a convertible (like 300 lbs more), it was very quick and revved super quick, and the tq curve is flattened by the direct injection and a host of other internal technical goodies that allow higher compresson w/o prematre dtonation etc, anyway it hauls from a dead stop albeit its apparent lack of low end torque compared to our cars. Having said that, the 335i in stock form develops 300 ftlbs from 1500 rpm! The mild Dinan upgrade keeps the stock turbos and increases fwhp to 385 and tq to
~410 ftlbs

i have a friend that has a o7 335i coupe 6spd.he did his upgrade at dinan cars.They replaced the turbos,biger injectors,biger maf, retune and all that came to about 7k!That litlse sucker's pushing 500rwhp at about 6-7psi!And it hauls ass....and if you're in the market for new m3(45-48k) it's really better if you get the 335 for like 26-28 and re-boost it
I've been looking at 08 M3s (double-clutch paddle shift wasn't available, only 6spd) on Ebay and the cheapest one was ~$53 (6500 miles). I built one on the BMW website, and with just the essentials, and without all the crap that I don't want anyway, (but including double clutch paddle shifted tranny) the pre-tax price was $60k. Without the tranny $57. I fully expect that in 2 years they will be available for high $40Ks.

A further comment is that the current gen 3 series coupe is also a good looking car...it is pleasing to the eye. This is an important thing for me cuase I gotta love the one I'm with. If the car hauls and handles, but is ugly (front of the Camaro) that is just going to be hard to live with.
Lastly, I hear you on the cost of parts/maintenance after the wty expires...the Mustang has the BMW beat hands down there, for both labor and parts. Oh and when I open the hood of the Stang, I can recognize most all the parts!

ANYWAY; BACK TO THE THREAD: 2010 MUSTANG OR 2010 CAMARO? I VOTE THE SRT8 CHALLENGER (with manual 6 spd and LSD). I don't think the 2010 Mustang is an improvement from an aesthetic perspective over ours...too busy in the front. The suspension/engine upgrades are marginal. The Camaro is technically superior but ugly from the front. The Challenger is sweet looking all over, has the same power/weight ratio as the Camaro, and also the independent rear. Oh, and it's not a fucking GM product!

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Woooooooooo take it easy there capt.Crunch!You got 4.6 built block with twins and pushing what 600-700hp if that,and your car is like 38-3900lbs?
Actually.....when we're done it will be closer to 800 hp at the tire and 3600 lbs. Right now it's a stock engine at 477 rwhp on 8psi at 3800 lbs and runs 10.80's. What do you think is about to happen, Slick?

I've seen a charger 6.1 hemi with just forged internals,and a procharger pushing 850-900 hp and with 300-400lbs more it'll smoke the paint of your doors.

Really...you've seen these cars in person. Better yet, since it will "smoke the paint off my doors".............what's it run? :evil:

Thats totaly different engine!close to 2L bigger.i like the enthousiazm but.....lets be realistic...see worked 5.4 thats another story. And as far as corvette goes theres vettes with twins that are pushing 1000+rw hp with just 12-14psi of boost.....so thats totaly different ball game......I now you're proud of your car but.....

Again....where is this car and what does it run? Bottom line here is this:

I don't give a shit what kind of horsepower it makes on whatever dyno. If you can't get it down the track I'm going to hand you your ass.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Actually.....when we're done it will be closer to 800 hp at the tire and 3600 lbs. Right now it's a stock engine at 477 rwhp on 8psi at 3800 lbs and runs 10.80's. What do you think is about to happen, Slick?

Really...you've seen these cars in person. Better yet, since it will "smoke the paint off my doors".............what's it run? :evil:

Again....where is this car and what does it run? Bottom line here is this:

I don't give a shit what kind of horsepower it makes on whatever dyno. If you can't get it down the track I'm going to hand you your ass.
The charger i've seen in person,he vette I drove.I was working as a valet back at the day and the dude drives down from NY every weekend,as soon as he gave me a 20 and told take it easy its not a regular car....I asked him about it and he told me/sowed me the set up and all that.Thats his car http://www.turbochargedpower.com/Smith 02 Z06.htm
So...when you get to 800hp that'll be cool but you cant be talking .....bring them all....I'll beat them all.....You sound like a 6 year old

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The charger i've seen in person,he vette I drove.I was working as a valet back at the day and the dude drives down from NY every weekend,as soon as he gave me a 20 and told take it easy its not a regular car....I asked him about it and he told me/sowed me the set up and all that.Thats his car http://www.turbochargedpower.com/Smith 02 Z06.htm
Great. What do they run?

So...when you get to 800hp that'll be cool but you cant be talking .....bring them all....I'll beat them all.....You sound like a 6 year old
No...I sound like someone experienced enough at getting many different kinds of race cars (and street cars) down a race track quicker and faster than the guy in the other lane. There's a difference. Apparently, a difference you don't understand.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Great. What do they run?

No...I sound like someone experienced enough at getting many different kinds of race cars (and street cars) down a race track quicker and faster than the guy in the other lane. There's a difference. Apparently, a difference you don't understand.
What do they run?Well lets see....it lighter than yours,it's got more HP,more torque....twice as much...hmmmmm...naah I still think you'll take him!Sorry dude.....your car is the fastest....you're the shit!My bad!

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
What do they run?Well lets see....it lighter than yours,it's got more HP,more torque....twice as much...hmmmmm...naah I still think you'll take him!Sorry dude.....your car is the fastest....you're the shit!My bad!
You didn't answer the question. And thanks for the childish attitude. Nice to see that you still have plenty to learn about the application of horsepower, suspension tuning, and how they relate to getting a car down a racetrack.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You didn't answer the question. And thanks for the childish attitude. Nice to see that you still have plenty to learn about the application of horsepower, suspension tuning, and how they relate to getting a car down a racetrack.

exactly you can have all the power in the world but the wrong combo will shoot that to shit very quickly , hell i can be exhibit #1 518 to the tires ran 11.7 , sd 466 10.8 ........... get the drift

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
518 and 477 it's kind of close!

Now 477 and 914 is almost twice as much dog.The torque #'s difference is twice as much too.Even with the WORST SUSPENSION COMBO(I assume stock) that vette will hand you your ass,on a cake plate.Its just simple math (lighter+2xmore power=faster than heavyer+less power)!You have a nice car with good set up that might be the shit.... FOR A MUSTANG.....corvettes are totaly different type of animall!And anyone here will tell you that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back