Camaro vs Mustang Poll (Vote Now)

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
The blue car(is that you) took of before the gt almost a second,+the gt really needed a driver mode.....even for a guy that haven been to the track its easy to tell and again the gt is what...500-550hp stock 5.4 almost the same motor as a the gt500!corect.the vette that we were talking about (the link is in the thread) is 1000hp don.That dude beat a diablo ...there was a video on you tube somewhere but I cant find it....now capt'n crunch will be like "yeah I'll smoke the diablo too...I got a mustang with 477hp..."Like I said I don't know what's the susspension mode on that dude,but do you really thing that he'll get 1000hp car and not spent the 2g on suspension,rear end or whatever?He's just raving about his car like its the batmobil.Shit,a ZR1 of the lot will smoke his ass

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why is it that people that don't seem to make any sense and consistently get owned can't spell a fucking lick? :LMAO:

Anyway, I'll take the Mustang over the Camaro. It is just not an attractive car and it's a damn tank. Plus, I still owe $6K on this damn thing.

Nice run against the GT there Don. :thumb:

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they changed the Mustang Picture to a GT500 and the vote took off...

camarovmustang021009.gif

Click Here to Vote for the Mustang

echoinsilence

forum member
Reaction score
lol, I guess the regular GT wasn't good enough, it's funny how something as simple as a picture will persuade people to vote one way or the other.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Maybe they read my complaint. I was pretty pissed about it and voiced that opinion. I can't stand when market people slant the odds toward what they like instead of getting an honest poll.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Let the HP wars begin, it's all good. We know the Mustang's will reign supreme at the end of the day, always have. But with that said I would like to see Ford setup with a DOHC 4/V 5.0L motor, forged internals would also be a nice touch. Say something we could strap 15psi of boost to with little or no worries.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I know it's a bit juvenile...but who cares, that's what the Pony wars are all about!

Spread the word to the Stang sites you are part of....and VOTE

[URL]http://www.camarovmustang.com/[/URL]

Posted by 2K05GT on Mustang Forums:

Why is everyone compairing the SALES of the Camaro from 10 years ago? Chevy has already ramped up production to meet 130,000 cars the first year, the 2010 Camaro is following the Mustang Sales tips. I feel the Camaro will sell far better than the 4th Gen and may top the Mustang by 2011. I am one that likes the looks of the 5th gen camaro, 1000% improvment over the 4th gen.

Ford messed up, I Will Not be buying a new Mustang, I am buying a New Camaro.
mostly because of Power. Now I am one of those S197 Mustangs running 12.2 -12.3 in the 1/4 Mile N/A on a Stock Motor, it's too hard to get there with the 4.6 3V and I don't have the cash to drop on a S/C. I could Mod a Camaro SS with the same Mods I have on my Mustang and hit high 11's. the Lxx motors are much more capable and cheaper to mod.

Ford could have used the Hurricaine or Coyote 5.0 Engines 350-380hp that would have made the Mustang a compeditor, the 2010 Mustang I am afraid will be in a Distant 3rd or 4th.

So unless the Mustang comes out with the Coyote 5.0L I will not own another Mustang
I Pray for the - TiVCT 32 valve, Aluminum block, 400 hp, 375 ft-lb 11:1 compression ratio
and 7,000 RPM redline Coyote......
I remember the 5.0 was the Mustang, and the Mustang is not truly a Mustang without one.

Wait, you want us to vote for the car you basically just said sucks??

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I'm not seeing that...

What aren't you seeing?

The part I find confoudning is...he got his car to the low 12s with bolt-ons, and if I remember correctly, with nothing too wild at all and somehow that is unsatisfactory and the LS motors are better, etc. Somehow I think buying a new car (Camaro) would cost a lot more than adding a S/C to his current ride. Each to his own I guess.

I'm just a little tired of hearing how shitty Mustangs are compared to the new Camaro, so when I read this I was a little surprised considering he brought up the mustang vs. camaro website.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
yeah, one thing that kinda gets my nuts in a vice is when people aren't proud of the car THEY FUCKING PAID FOR!! I'd love to have a C6 Lingenfelter vette, but I's also love to have a built mustang is the shop that could leave that thing behind. I will agree on to each their own, but at least be proud of what you drive. :beer:

superfly s197

Mods at bargain prices!
Reaction score
yeah, one thing that kinda gets my nuts in a vice is when people aren't proud of the car THEY FUCKING PAID FOR!! I'd love to have a C6 Lingenfelter vette, but I's also love to have a built mustang is the shop that could leave that thing behind. I will agree on to each their own, but at least be proud of what you drive. :beer:

:beer:

It'll be interesting how the new Camaro runs. We have an advantage over those boats :evillaugh:

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just like the Termis?

Yes. Was the Termi suspension really that bad for a street application? (I've heard that for drag/track applications there was too much wheel-hop)

I hope you can afford the bills... I have been throwing around the idea of getting an 09 M3 Sedan for a while now. My research points to one thing over everything else... after the waranty runs out, they are expensive as hell to fix. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic cars, I am just questioning how much I will be able to truly enjoy it. It has a 8300 rpm redline and develops most of its power in the higher rpm bands... and the fuel economy sucks. I can enjoy it most if I get it now and spend the next year here (in Germany) driving it. But that leaves me without a winter vehicle. Not the best idea here. I am instead thinking of trading my 335xi next year for an E93 335i (that's the hardtop vert)...

how's that for a hijack?
On my flight home last night, the guy sitting next to me has an 07 M5 and loves it...but he's getting rid of it when his warranty expires....for that very reason...(expensive out of warranty maintenance). He said an oil change is ~$250. I just changed mine this AM with RP and a K&N filter for $80

I'm not sure where you are getting your $$$ numbers, but the new M3 is about $10k more than that, as is any of the 335s...

If all you want is straight line speed, you're a fool to go with a BMW anyway...

++1 on both counts...

The blue car(is that you) took of before the gt almost a second,+the gt really needed a driver mode.....even for a guy that haven been to the track its easy to tell and again the gt is what...500-550hp stock 5.4 almost the same motor as a the gt500!corect.the vette that we were talking about (the link is in the thread) is 1000hp don.That dude beat a diablo ...there was a video on you tube somewhere but I cant find it....now capt'n crunch will be like "yeah I'll smoke the diablo too...I got a mustang with 477hp..."Like I said I don't know what's the susspension mode on that dude,but do you really thing that he'll get 1000hp car and not spent the 2g on suspension,rear end or whatever?He's just raving about his car like its the batmobil.Shit,a ZR1 of the lot will smoke his ass

I've refrained from making disparaging comments thus far, albeit your blatantly ignorant posts, but you've clearly shown your ignorance one time too many: Don's car is a GT, not a GT500, and as such has a 4.6 (blown), not a factory blown 5.4. Correct Don?

Let the HP wars begin, it's all good. We know the Mustang's will reign supreme at the end of the day, always have. But with that said I would like to see Ford setup with a DOHC 4/V 5.0L motor, forged internals would also be a nice touch. Say something we could strap 15psi of boost to with little or no worries.

Let's not forget that a simple addition of direct fuel injection to a 4.6 or 5.0 engine would allow the engineers to increase the compression ratio significantly, which increases the thermodynamic efficiency of the engine and increases hp/tq (like BMW did with the 4.0 V8 in the new-gen M3).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back