Cams at 107k miles

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
So I'm going to be buying cams for my car and was wondering should I get a lower mileage motor to put them in or will they be fine in my motor that had 107k miles?

now I know everyone is going to say why not just go v8 it's cause I love my v6. Unless anyone has done heads and cams on their v6 and can tell me it's not worth it then I'm sticking to it

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
So I'm going to be buying cams for my car and was wondering should I get a lower mileage motor to put them in or will they be fine in my motor that had 107k miles?

now I know everyone is going to say why not just go v8 it's cause I love my v6. Unless anyone has done heads and cams on their v6 and can tell me it's not worth it then I'm sticking to it
you do know that you`ll have to pull the engine to change the cams and you`ll need special tools. i wont say its not worth it cause i love my 6. its a big project though. not easy to find the cams either. supersix used to regrind them, but thats the only place ive heard of

at the same time, ive got 100k and just might put a supercharger on it at some point now that the car is paid off.

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
I got a shop doing the install and have been in contact with super six on new cams to test out.

JimC

Reaction score
The 4.0 is a stout engine - I had a 75 shot of nitrous on mine for two seasons, and then at 90,000 miles pulled the nitrous to install the Xcharger. I have 196,000+ on it today, didn't do any cam work, but the top and bottom are stock with those miles and no problems. So I wouldn't think cam work at 107,000 is going to be a big issue as long as you've maintained the engine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back