Car rental

07 Boss

Reaction score
Picked up a little 5.0 for the road trip. Trying to figure out driving modes on the fly. I guess just put it in sport mode and turn off the traction control.

Sorry for the bad lighting. Afternoon sun. Don’t know what this silver is called but I like it.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I see the thunder chicken is still on the stand. I haven't checked out your build thread lately.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I see the thunder chicken is still on the stand. I haven't checked out your build thread lately.

Nothing to check out. Haven’t done a thing in almost a year. Layer of dust is the only new thing. Struggling to find time, short handed at work, etc. gonna clean the garage next week and see if I can get some motivation.

07 Boss

Reaction score
After a few days a a few hundred miles I’m not sure I am fond of this car. I guess I could have turned it off but the driver assist features bugged me. Took me a little while to figure out what the little vertical lines were on the gauge display.

Finally figured it out when they changed color along with the stick-shaker steering wheel doing its thing. And those little yellow lights in the side mirror were distracting. They’re just in my peripheral.

My one real complaint was the transmission, or maybe the tuning, but I found it weird the way she would act with slight to moderate throttle changes. Seemed like she was always shifting gears instead of just applying power. The car seemed lost sometimes. 10 gears is way to much.

Over all she was a pretty comfortable ride and I did get a chance to push her a bit through the Virgin River Gorge.

Here’s a pic of her in front of the famous Burger Barn in Panguitch Lake.

JimC

Reaction score
You can turn off the lane keeper alert. Hit the button on the end of the turn stalk to turn it off.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You can turn off the lane keeper alert. Hit the button on the end of the turn stalk to turn it off.

Thanks, already dropped her off back at hertz. Good to know though for the next time.

JimC

Reaction score
One of the first things we turned off on my wife's Lincoln and my Mustang. Hers got turned on when she had it in for service and she called me while she was driving and said something was really wrong with the steering and she was getting ready to turn around. I thought of the button on the turn signal and said to try it. She called me back and said her car was fine and that was what the issue was.

07 Boss

Reaction score
One of the first things we turned off on my wife's Lincoln and my Mustang. Hers got turned on when she had it in for service and she called me while she was driving and said something was really wrong with the steering and she was getting ready to turn around. I thought of the button on the turn signal and said to try it. She called me back and said her car was fine and that was what the issue was.

Yeah it feels like your going over the drunk bumps between lanes except there weren't any. Took me a little bit to figure it out and then I kinda chuckled at myself. I really hate most new cars. I personally don't drive anything newer than on '08. My wife has a '15 an even though it is the highest trim level we opted out of the driver assist features.

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
Could have just told her to stay in her lane...

[emoji16]

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
My wife’s Subaru has all those crazy technology features, it beeps any time you cross a line without using the indicators.. I’m gonna wear that damn beeper out on it. She loves it though, it’s super nice for how affordable it is but too many gizmos for me!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back