Car show modified question

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Am thinking of going to the mustang car show in Maple shade NJ tomorrow. I think I will be better in the stock class then mod class. Paper says 3 or more mods and it is considered modified. Am taking my larger throttle body off with air tube as I still use the factory box, plus Boss 302 coil pack covers back to stock grey. So my only two mods will be my GT500 mufflers and GT500 dash panels. My question is, are floor mats considered mods as they say 5.0 on them and my rear trunk mat?

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Never mind, sorry for the thread. My Wife pointed out all the other small stuff on the car like hood lifts and other small stuff on car that it didn't come with. If I end up going just enter into the mod class with everyone else lol

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Class designation is generally determined by the judges of the show also as to what is still allowed in a stock class

travelers

Reaction score
Just go as you are and have fun. It's suppose to be a nice day and with all my mods I won't be there........Hahahaha

Enjoy

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Just go as you are and have fun. It's suppose to be a nice day and with all my mods I won't be there........Hahahaha

Enjoy

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice! I am looking forward to it. Be first time I entered my car into a car show.

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
if its the south jersey club show dont expect to win anything unless you are in the club. good time though.... smaller show...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Tomorrow is supposed to be nice! I am looking forward to it. Be first time I entered my car into a car show.
Like the first time at anything . . . go with the main intention of just having fun and meeting people with a common interest.

Seems to be getting breezy out (I'm only a couple of miles away), so I hope you've got anything loose tied or weighted down. I may swing by later on just to wander around a little.

Norm

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
3 mods from " showroom stock " is exactly what it says.
You might get a pass on dealer installed mods, provided they were installed prior to the sale.
A semi -knowledgeable judge will find everything..

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you buddies with one or more judges? No? Then it doesn't matter what class you enter; you won't win shit.

And that's how car shows work.

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yep

Tried showing my Corvette in a stock class once, but I had Lloyds floor and trunk mats, and the judges said I wasn't stock ...... That was the only thing I changed ...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I think for that very reason (judging pickiness) it was best that OP as a first timer went 'Modified', which I don't think was officially judged but may have had popular voting of some sort.

There were a couple of GT350's, a Ford GT, a Thunderbolt, an ex-Nevada Trooper car, a V8-powered Pinto, and an '86 GT restoration carried out by a couple of 14 year olds (really nice to know that there still are a few kids who can put their phones and tablets down long enough to do something physically constructive).

Norm

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Was really nice meet you Norm! You are correct, was fun just meeting and talking to other mustang owners like you! Stock class was judge picked, mod class I went for was peer picked. I won 1st place in 2010-2014 mod mustang class!

Regardless of votes and taking anything home, was just a great time to get out meet people and talk cars all day! After meeting Norm, I can see he is a very knowledgeable person and he can teach you a lot if you listen.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I have been to many shows with my 86 GT. I was at a show that I was given 3rd place in the Fox Body Class. Number 1 was a Bone stock LX. Did not follow the rules by having the Hood and Trunk/Hatch open and the car was filthy. 2nd place at least had some tastefull mods. I was told by someone that was a judge but for a different class that I was not given 1st place because I was not at my car to tell the judge what was done to it.

travelers

Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. I usually don't have the car judged, I know what I have and that's good enough for me.

And congrats on your #1...

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went to a "car show" at JPC's track rental a couple weeks ago. Parked the car next to a Laguna Seca whose only mod was a supercharger. I have carbon fiber interior, full suspension, wheels, carbon exterior bits, etc. I was disqualified because my car said MotoIQ.com on it, which meant it was a "professional build."

The clown with the ruined Laguna Seca got a trophy, though.

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
Congrats on the 1st place win.
I prefer judged shows, classed & judged are the best.
Peer judging is more about how many friends you have, rather than the car..

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Peer judging can't be any worse than uneven official judging or judging that dings you for the presence of things taken from a different submodel or trim level that may be tastefully done with all Ford parts but which are in the strictest sense not stock for your car. Not a club member? Oh well . . .

Congratulations, dre. Nice to hear that you and the Mrs went home with a little something to show for it. Your avatar pic doesn't do your car justice.

Norm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back