Car will not make boost. Need some help

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Wow, didn't realize you were not running a .81 before, that should help ! I've even considered going to a .96 myself.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I get a loud whistle, mostly from the anti-surge housing I believe. But I don't have any other strange noises. I have nothing bad to say about Comp. They really stepped up for me and I'm impressed. I would suggest sending the one in and see what they say. Is It still under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Mine is super loud also, just putting down the road it whistles like a diesel truck. Kinda cool, kinda annoying,lol

TW1NTRB0

forum member
Reaction score
I get a loud whistle, mostly from the anti-surge housing I believe. But I don't have any other strange noises. I have nothing bad to say about Comp. They really stepped up for me and I'm impressed. I would suggest sending the one in and see what they say. Is It still under warranty?

I don't think mine are still in warranty, I'd have to check. Mine make boost and make decent power so I can't complain too much. Both spin fast on initial startup due to the higher idle but one side stops spinning when it idles down. I run filters so no big deal since I only see it when the filters are off. The noise gets on my nerves. Mine whistle loud which I like but the howling/whirring noise out of boost can be a bit annoying if the cutouts are closed. I was less than impressed with the knowledge base that the person I spoke to at Comp had, they didn't seem to know jack about turbos. Probably just a sales person.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is the only forum that has anything good to say about Comp. Look at yellowbullet or turboforums

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I started that thread when I waa in the market for a new turbo.
Then after taking suggestions I was approached with a S480 at a deal no one would pass up.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Links to anything specific? I don't belong to either.

Actually, not a big fan when they dropped me like a hot potato. Earl has rebuilt his a lot.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't seen like any useful info or first hand experience. "Don't use comp" no rhyme or reason why. Lol

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
What did comp tell you weatherman? You'd didn't ever send your in did you? I should be getting it back next week and we'll see how it goes

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Didn't seen like any useful info or first hand experience. "Don't use comp" no rhyme or reason why. Lol

Do a search over there and you will see the reasons.
If they had a good reputation I would have a comp on my car, not a Borg Warner.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What did comp tell you weatherman? You'd didn't ever send your in did you? I should be getting it back next week and we'll see how it goes

I told them I was having issues and they asked me to send all the data and dyno charts in. Sent it in, no answer, contacted again to make sure they got info, nothing.

Hope it works for you. We'll see what happens when I put my new low restriction exhaust on in a couple of weeks.

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
Comp said there was nothing wrong with the turbo but mentioned it was on the "tight side" of being in spec. They rebuilt it using one of their new billet center sections. They also sold me a .81 exhaust housing saying it should help a lot. At the same time S&H fixed the crappy flange zimmer put on the up pipe. I just got it running tonight so we'll see how it all plays out. I also put the factory intake and TB back on. Should now what's up after I get it broken in. (About 500 miles)
Before (zimmer stupid cocksucking bastard)
mavydu6e.jpg

After (S&H, nothing but good things to say)
a6avyry6.jpg

y7evavuq.jpg

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
It could just be my mind playing tricks but this new turbo from Comp feels like it's spools crazy fast compared to my last one. I changed a few things though so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what made the difference. Could be the new turbo, the fixed up-pipe, smaller a/r or having my stock manifold giving it more midrange. But either way this thing spools right fucking now lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back