CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man I read the whole thing. I had a feeling the guy was bullshitting me when I got my car back after its accident but I needed the car back and had a shit ton going on in my life at the time. I am going to look into look into the denim pad a bit more but it's a challenge to get more then $100 out of anybody for detailing work in my area. cars are appliances here.

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
Yea he was full of shit lol.

I feel you, start out @ 100 bucks for a wash/decon job with protection and show people what read detailing is like, do that for a while and a few 1 steps and people you know will start coming to you for advice or want their stuff done. Hell, even my boss's boss at work knows i detail, there was a problem with vandalism of another employees car at another location my supervisor oversees...guess who got the call :)

Im doing a full correction on a 350z next week, i just put in a big order at Autoality, once the 350 is done, ill be ordering some goodies from Spohn Performance, UPR, Hypermotive lol. I got BMR LCAs sitting in my house with there new test bushings waiting to be installed, i just dont have any grease.

Hopefully still doing dugstangs bullitt next month too. Detailing busy-ness comes and goes, ill go a few months and not do anything, then make 500-1500 dollars in a month, nature of the beast.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
at first I thought I could do some networking and do $300-$500 easy just knocking out a few cars in a weekend. such has not been the case.

thus far my biggest issues have been customers shutting down on me when the price tag starts getting over $40 and then just not calling back when I talk about doing a 3 step with interior work for a little over $100

3 step + interior for $100, I am bending myself over, but people are either looking at me like I have 3 heads or just flaking the day of the job. I had one guy that was supposed to take his car to a huge import meet flake on me and drive his car their dirty and scratched.

my second issue has been transporting water. I have lost a few jobs to not being able to bring my own water. Will hopefully be solved by spring with the purchase of an SUV. If I got a tank now I could use the wifes crossover suv but winter is closing in so I might just wait for spring when I have a more appropriate vehicle and start anew.

ModdedMach

Detailer of shiny things.
Reaction score
Its rare that i do a job for less than 100, because really, for people to bring there car to me it means they need more than just a wash. Usually its a detail cleaning of the outside (tires/wheels/wells), paint cleaned, stripped, decontaminated, then protected. Thats usually between 100-150 depending on the size of the car. Beyond that its mostly paint correction.

I just had one of my best customers drop off an Infinity I30 for a Sale prep detail. Its a detail i dont really "officially" offer, but ive purchased many cars from this guy and he's a great friend. But i get the exterior of his cars and the engine bays looking right for potential buyers, helps close the deal when things are clean.

He was using another guy, but...once you talk to modded about detailing, i have a way of making people see what needs to be done right. Mainly avoiding the greasy-dressing and paint hackjob he was getting before. The other guy was doing "details" for 40 bucks and for what he was doing id charge 200+ probably- BUT because i was doing it right, not hacking up the paint and leaving compound residue everywhere, holograms...it was bad. I hook my friend up because it creates volume for me and helps pay for more supplies.

Remember, your biggest asset will be educating your customer, they need to know why you cost more, what you are doing and how its different, thats why i have an entire section of my website called "Detailing 101" shows people how complicated the process really is and how expensive the tools and products are.

The 350z im doing next week will be a nice payday. Parts for the mustang. lol

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back