CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score

28ONE

Reaction score
Have any of you used the CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pad - http://www.autogeek.net/orange-peel-removal-pads.html

I've been contemplating wet sanding my car for some time and this looks like it may be an alternative (maybe). I just got done watching a video of the results of using it with Megs 100, and for mild orange peel, it didn't seem to turn out too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z1ZaF10nbo

Anyone have any experience?

My question would be is the paint on the car in the video single stage or two-stage? If I have orange peel, it would be underneath the clear. So I don't see how one can remove orange peel without removing the clear. I would think the orange peel is actually in the paint not the clear. Of course, I could be wrong though...not my intention to make things confusing

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Reading a review on it now...but if anyone has used it, would love some more feed back.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
My question would be is the paint on the car in the video single stage or two-stage? If I have orange peel, it would be underneath the clear. So I don't see how one can remove orange peel without removing the clear. I would think the orange peel is actually in the paint not the clear. Of course, I could be wrong though...not my intention to make things confusing

No, I had the same thoughts....that's why I started looking for feedback :beer:

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Here is another write up.

From what I'm gathering at this point, the Denim pad would be best used on repaints while the Velvet pad would be better for original paint.

Still reading....

Last edited:

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I won't be using them on my cars lol, I'll give them a shot of some of the real cruddy ones that come in. Both the GT500 and 5.0 are nearly flawless.

OK....I just didn't want anyone on here using it, jacking something up then saying, "YOU SAID....."

lol

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
OK....I just didn't want anyone on here using it, jacking something up then saying, "YOU SAID....."

lol

Yeah there won't be any finger pointing, I have a Scion TC DAily that I can test it out on as well.

I do a lot of professional detailing in the Chicagoland area along with automotive performance work so I'm curious to see how well they work.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't used them but have heard good things. I would just be cautious do to the cutting ability it may be easy to cut through the clear alot quicker then a MF or foam cutting pad.

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
Wet sand with 1500 grit 3m paper, compound & polish with quality stuff. Don't wax after you do this. Wait atleast 30 days before waxing

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Wet sand with 1500 grit 3m paper, compound & polish with quality stuff. Don't wax after you do this. Wait atleast 30 days before waxing

Yeah, the pad is an alternative to wet sanding....

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'll be trying this out when I get to Texas, it worked fucking awesome from the thread I saw on Autotopia forum

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score

The orange peel is in the top coat. So if it's single stage then the orange peel is in the paint. If it's two stage then the peel is in the clear. I talked to a couple of painters that would put an extra coat of clear so they have more material to smooth out.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

NaS197

forum member
Reaction score
The orange peel is in the top coat. So if it's single stage then the orange peel is in the paint. If it's two stage then the peel is in the clear. I talked to a couple of painters that would put an extra coat of clear so they have more material to smooth out.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

This is true. An you can get it out with ease.

Single stage is tricky cause you're actually color sanding, and that could get dangerous quick if you're not careful

Back