clutch master cylinder differences?

Blackmamba07

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, That came from me at my former employer :) 12159 was my employee number.

Anyone looking for these now please contact me here or by e-mail at [email protected] and I'll make sure you get the best deal possible.

-Steve

Hey Steve, I was wondering about this 2013 master cylinder people are putting on older models . Is this a clutch master for the gt500? How much are they and will it work on an 07 Mustang gt with tr3650. Also is it been confirmed that there is a bigger bore diameter to push more fluid to the master cylinder? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Steve, I was wondering about this 2013 master cylinder people are putting on older models . Is this a clutch master for the gt500? How much are they and will it work on an 07 Mustang gt with tr3650. Also is it been confirmed that there is a bigger bore diameter to push more fluid to the master cylinder? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delayed response,

All 2005-2009 Mustangs used the same slave, in 2010 they changed the design of the one for the GT500.

Others in this thread say they've used the 2010+ slave in older cars so it does appear that it fits and works just fine.

I don't have any way to verify bore size, sorry.

Current price on the slave is $172.45 and if ordered on the website you can use the "S197" coupon to get an extra 5% off which is $8.60 in this case. :)

-Steve

gregsdart

Reaction score
I ordered two of these rom different dealersd, and got the plastic type using the correct GT500 part#. Steve, can you verify that they are still aluminum? I returned the second one when I opened the box and it was the same plastic part as the first ordered. To get my tranny to shift, I wound up with two spacers behind the throwout bearing, the second machined to the thickness needed to set the distance of the TB to clutch fingers to .100, the factory minimum. I also put in a thinner disc for the Mcleod Street Pro clutch, down to .315 thickness from .340 for the standard Mcleod disc.
My flywheel was stock, needed min cut to resurface.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'm bumping this old thread because I'm currently going through a little clutch burning issue. I got my clutch hot a few weeks ago going to cars and coffee, stop and go up hill to the parking lot. I lost a lot of pedal and clutch smelled of burning(too much slipping to get going). Since then when I stop at a light and take off i can smell it again.

Is it possible that a leaking master cylinder is causing that rather than a faulty slave cylinder? I've only tracked the car 2 passes with the T-56 in it, so it doesn't really have any passes on it and hasn't been excessively abused. Its an RST clutch.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm bumping this old thread because I'm currently going through a little clutch burning issue. I got my clutch hot a few weeks ago going to cars and coffee, stop and go up hill to the parking lot. I lost a lot of pedal and clutch smelled of burning(too much slipping to get going). Since then when I stop at a light and take off i can smell it again.

Is it possible that a leaking master cylinder is causing that rather than a faulty slave cylinder? I've only tracked the car 2 passes with the T-56 in it, so it doesn't really have any passes on it and hasn't been excessively abused. Its an RST clutch.

When the clutch master leaks the fluid will leak out of it and since it's under pressure it usually comes out in a mist or spray, should be very easy to tell if it's leaking with a simple visual inspection.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'll check that out Steve! I'm assuming it would most likely be misting near where the clutch line hooks in?

I'll also note that the car doesn't lurch at all or anything in gear with clutch pedal pressed in.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'll check that out Steve! I'm assuming it would most likely be misting near where the clutch line hooks in?

I'll also note that the car doesn't lurch at all or anything in gear with clutch pedal pressed in.

No, typically when a clutch master leaks it leaks around the pushrod shaft seal.

-Steve

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Bump... With FoMoCo part numbers.

2005-10: 9R3Z-7A543-A
2011-14(except 2013-14 GT500): BR3Z-7A543-A
2013-2014 GT500: DR3Z--7A543-A

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
I just changed mine. I wish I had more time to research and actually order the metal one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back