Clutches

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
Ok, i'm starting to see all the clutch kits for the 2011 come with a flywheel? Why is that? Is the stock flywheel no good?

Does anyone just sell the clutch/PP only?

Last edited:

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
Exedy who makes the stock and boss clutch has one coming out in like a week

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You usually grab a flywheel while you have the trans down to upgrade since you have to re-surface it or whatever anyway.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Depends on how you drive I guess...
The clutch get's seated into the grooves (how ever small they may be) it made, and you put on a brand new flat clutch, what's going to happen?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The 2011 flywheel seems to have a unique pressure plate bolt pattern/spread. I'm sure they're including flywheels so the clutch companies didn't have to redesign their pressure plates to fit the unique 2011 GT flywheels. Or they're including SFI flywheels as part of the upgrade.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok, so a new flywheel would be a MUST... good to know...

replaced my clutch and pressure plate and slave cylinder....the flywheel was perfect. left it alone and haven't had any problems. had 31k on it at the time. btw, the shop that did the work said it was useless to resurface it. by their advice i left it. they're a very reputable shop here in town.

cshiznitzj

forum member
Reaction score
replaced my clutch and pressure plate and slave cylinder....the flywheel was perfect. left it alone and haven't had any problems. had 31k on it at the time. btw, the shop that did the work said it was useless to resurface it. by their advice i left it. they're a very reputable shop here in town.

Who replaced you clutch in SA?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

Replacing the crank pulley bolt is also useless to some, etc etc.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Yes. :facepalm: The corelation was in terms of some people prefer to replace the crank pulley bolt and some don't, just like some like to resurface the flywheel and some don't.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
And some don't turn their rotors when they change pads. I'm with Nasty, turn the flywheel. IMO, It's to much work changing clutches not to.

Blacksmoke

forum member
Reaction score
Why would you NOT resurface your flywheel when replacing a clutch?

You do know the flywheel and clutch surfaces are designed to mate up together.
What do you think a new clutch and a used flywheel that already has fitted up to a clutch will do?

Perhaps..... NOT... fit....right?

Blacksmoke

forum member
Reaction score
btw, the shop that did the work said it was useless to resurface it. shop here in town.

How in the world would it be useless to resurface a flywheel when getting a new clutch? Unless the flywheel had like only a hundred mi. on it or something.

Sounds like your shop did not want to do the work.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back