CMDP DIY

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
Just installed mine and they work great. Pretty easy process, for anyone thinkin of doin this make sure that if your using the quick steel to blend it till it becomes one consistent color. My buddy and I did them at the same time and his steel mixtures came out with black spots that did not dry and were fallin apart. But anyways, kleistang, thanks for the great wrtie up!!:thumb:

Feel any kind of power increase?

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I'll be finishing mine up here shortly, they are all quiksteel'd up and sanded down but I am in the process of polishing up the ports on them. Been a slow process because all of my free time has been spent house hunting but we finally found one and will be moving in within the next month :) So I will be finishing them up and installing along with a couple other things once I get moved in.
Im almost hoping that eventually a chunk falls into the motor so it gives me an excuse to build one lmao.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Feel any kind of power increase?

With the right tune and tweaking of the tune it is killer... No torque loss in driveability, and does have a noticeable gain. This mod has to be one of the best to do on these cars N/A or S/C'd.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty easy job. Took me about an hour. I would take a blow gun and shoot out the crap sittin in there before you take it apart...

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
I made some a few months ago and never put them in. I was waiting to get a few mods at the same time so I could get 1 tune. I think I might go ahead and put them in next week.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I picked up a BRAND NEW intake with the plates ($30 shipped on ebay) so I am going to follow the guide to delete them. The write up doesn't look too difficult so I am hoping it goes smooth.

If it doesn't work out it won't hit the bank too hard.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I picked up a BRAND NEW intake with the plates ($30 shipped on ebay) so I am going to follow the guide to delete them. The write up doesn't look too difficult so I am hoping it goes smooth.

If it doesn't work out it won't hit the bank too hard.

Just make sure that if your using a mixable putty/epoxy that you mix it correctly. Otherwise it just won't dry and it will chunk off... I used quicksteel and it worked really good. My buddy ended up using this stuff called Q-Bond at it worked awesome... Pretty easy process.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I picked up a tube of the quicksteel as well, but haven't had the time to work on it as of yet.

Just confirming; I won't run into a problem with taking off the entire motor after installing these correct? I assume I can just move the connection out of the way since the tune will be for deletes.

1FastS197

Reaction score
got a buddy that has had mine for a freaking long time, they are getting tig welded tho... can't really complain, its free and he is doing it in his spare time... also port matching them so we will see how they come out...

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Post up some pictures of the result if you get a chance. I know someone that could do that to mine and that is an option that I might pursue.

Today I managed to get all of the butterflies off, and drilled a bit to get the pin out for the rod. I believe I need a better bit so I can get it out, however I am in no huge rush to accomplish it since its a spare set.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I picked up a tube of the quicksteel as well, but haven't had the time to work on it as of yet.

Just confirming; I won't run into a problem with taking off the entire motor after installing these correct? I assume I can just move the connection out of the way since the tune will be for deletes.

I just left the motor attched to the plenum. The rods that connect to the motor come off with the plates. I just unhooked it and tucked away the connector. Should of done a damn write up...

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
BUMP!

Anyone who has installed this DIY delete plates, would you please give us some feedback?

I am in process of doing mine and I was wondering which product is the absulte BEST product to use to cover the holes? Also have you gained any power from this mod alone?

If this project is a sucess, i have 2 more stock charge motion plates which I will be turning them into delete plates and selling them cheap here.

Thanks a lot.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
BUMP!

Anyone who has installed this DIY delete plates, would you please give us some feedback?

I am in process of doing mine and I was wondering which product is the absulte BEST product to use to cover the holes? Also have you gained any power from this mod alone?

If this project is a sucess, i have 2 more stock charge motion plates which I will be turning them into delete plates and selling them cheap here.

Thanks a lot.

Quik steel. It's a very easy mod, I think I gained some power but nothing to brag about

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
Quik steel. It's a very easy mod, I think I gained some power but nothing to brag about

I hear people say that it may come off in time. but then others say that it drys hard as metal. I dont want to lose an engine over a simple mod lol.

any tricks on getting quick steel stay on there tight like it is part of the metal and wont come off?

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
I drilled a hole at the ends so the quik steel will push through. It will make a tab on the out side to hold itself in place. I also let it push through where the pins have to be drilled out.

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
I drilled a hole at the ends so the quik steel will push through. It will make a tab on the out side to hold itself in place. I also let it push through where the pins have to be drilled out.

Ok that is sweet, but how about the middle holes?

Also one end is already open from the factory and it appears there is a bearing in there. I removed every other bearing but that one. Should remove that as well?

Thanks a lot.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Remove all the bearings just to be safe. Haven't heard any problems from using the quiksteel so long as it's blended correctly. I've done a few of these and no problems since.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
The middle holes I drilled a hole all the way through where the pin goes. I have some pictures I will try to get up by tomorrow. Oh, I ran mine 6mths. Pulled them out to check them. They look the same as the day I put them in.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Remove all the bearings just to be safe. Haven't heard any problems from using the quiksteel so long as it's blended correctly. I've done a few of these and no problems since.

He speaks the truth. I bought a set from him and they look great! sadly, I couldn't use them because of my upcoming GT500 motor swap.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back