Cold start it revs high.

juju

Reaction score
When the car is cold and I start it up it will rev up to 2300 rpm or so and slowly drop to normal idle. This started after I installed delete plates. I got and installed a new tune for them. Any ideas? Thanks all.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Yup, mine did the same thing... had the tuner update the tune and that was the end of that.

nbk92

forum member
Reaction score
According to Team JDM, when starting cold your RPMs should go to 1800 then slowly fall to normal. How high are your RPMs going and for how long?

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
+1 on it being normal and also tunable if it bothers you. It's not damaging anything.

Sent from God

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
From what I understand, this is a good thing because it helps get the oil circulating faster. Mine does the same thing and it really annoys me because immediately following the rpm drop off, the blow off valve goes off and everyone within 10 blocks is looking at me. I asked Justin at VMP about adjusting mine down a little and he was against it so I left it alone.

juju

Reaction score
It has a new tune from Bama and it never did this before the plates. It will rev up to 2300 to 2500 rpm for around 2 sec or so and slowly drop to normal idle.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back