Coyote exhaust question

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I've searched, either it hasn't been readily apparent, or I suck at searching. Both are quite possible...

Considering exhaust options, already have mufflers. I know cat deletes are the cheapest thing to get, but then you can get onroad or offroad x's, or longtubes with or without cats. What incremental gains are these with each step? Is it really worth the 2-3x cost in materials to get longtubes, and then the increase in shop time? (because I'm fat, useless, and would end up fucking up my car if I worked on it myself)

Is removing the cats really that noticeable? I remember seeing "almost no gains" said on another forum, and then people blasting about how it's bad for the ozone or whatever. IDGAF about that though, and I suspect the people who claim no gains are retarded, because a restriction is a restriction is a restriction.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
My buddy gained 13 rwhp after removing his cats. You gain power and noise, you have to deal with more smells and shittier emissions.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
For me removing the Cats was a engine safety step I chose due to the likely possibility of plugging cats with the mods I have. If I hadn't gone FI I would have left it alone and they would still be on there. . In a NA application im not sure how much gain you would get just from cat removal...longtubes with off road x does in fact give you gains and are good building blocks for other mods to increase overall gain.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back