CQuartz UK

28ONE

Reaction score
I decided to apply CQ UK to my mustang over Memorial weekend. My process as follows:

Wash
IronX
Speedy Surface Prep Pad – Medium Grade
Flex 3401 – Hybrid White Pad – SF4000
2 Eraser Wipedowns
Used 4x4’s Suede MFs for application
Used 16x16 Suede MFs to buff high spots
Applied Reload 24 Hours after UK application

Challenges:
I was having a real hard time with CarPro Reflect on my paint. I tried using a Hybrid Black Pad and a Hydro Crimson Pad. With the Hybrid pad was leaving ticks marks and Crimson pad was better but I couldn’t get it to finish better than SF4000. I’ve used Reflect on a Benz and it was awesome so I believe Ford Black Ebony paint is finicky.

Applying Reload is somewhat tricky, as the saying goes – a little goes a long way. Just one spray of Reload per 3x3 section is all that’s needed. Make sure the panels are cool and not warm otherwise you’ll definitely experience streaking. In addition, too much product will result in streaking – ask me how I know lol…

Tips:
Apply UK one panel at a time. Left to right then up and down. Make sure you buff off high spots before moving on to the next section. Double check & triple check including looking at it from different angles.

Applying Reload, one spray per 3x3 section, use on MF towel to spread product and another MF towel to buff off.

Final Thoughts:
UK is super glossy and looks amazing! Adding Reload does give it more slickness. Next wash will be with CarPro Reset then I'll give it another week or two before I apply Synergy wax! Comments and feedback welcomed! Thanks for looking everyone :props:

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
CQUK is awesome stuff! I know a few people that had issues with Reflect since it's come out but I have a had great experience with it so far and love the final results I've got.

Car looks amazing bro, great work!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

28ONE

Reaction score
CQUK is awesome stuff! I know a few people that had issues with Reflect since it's come out but I have a had great experience with it so far and love the final results I've got.

Car looks amazing bro, great work!

Thanks bro, which pad and machine are you using with Reflect? I ordered blue and black Buff N Shine pads - those are really soft compared to the LC hybrids...

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks bro, which pad and machine are you using with Reflect? I ordered blue and black Buff N Shine pads - those are really soft compared to the LC hybrids...

I used the LC crimson hydrotech and a Rupes 15.

28ONE

Reaction score
Looks amazing man!

Thanks Ryan!

I used the LC crimson hydrotech and a Rupes 15.

Too bad I can't watch your technique

I need this in my life.

Your Shelby is already off the fucking hook bad ass Cam - adding CQuartz Finest would be the one I'd have on it!

Omg!!! Amazing!!!:thumb:

Thanks Darren!

Get tired of the Black Label?? Looks Fabulous though!

Thanks RJ! I've always been itching to try CQ UK! Polish Angel Cosmic is next lol

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan!

Your Shelby is already off the fucking hook bad ass Cam - adding CQuartz Finest would be the one I'd have on it!

Thanks Darren!

Thanks RJ! I've always been itching to try CQ UK! Polish Angel Cosmic is next lol

Ill probably get the color coated cosmic at some point! It looks pretty legit!

28ONE

Reaction score
Ill probably get the color coated cosmic at some point! It looks pretty legit!

Color-matched cosmic is the only way to go with Polish Angel. The couple vehicles I've seen with the color match cosmic is freaking amazing, can only be better in person.

If my memory serves me correct, aren't you getting married soon? Mine is 65 days away...

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Color-matched cosmic is the only way to go with Polish Angel. The couple vehicles I've seen with the color match cosmic is freaking amazing, can only be better in person.

If my memory serves me correct, aren't you getting married soon? Mine is 65 days away...

Yes sir! 4 days since its 1am now!

28ONE

Reaction score
Thanks man! Looking forward to being in Key West for a week after the fact haha.

Did you see the pearl white Lexus ISF with that coating? It looks spectacular

Sweet! I wanted to go to the Caribbean but its hurricane season in August so I played it safe, going to Kauai.

The ISF is pimp, how about the black CTS-V? Check out the Blog section on the PA site, they list some more vehicles.

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score

Really really slow arm movement with machine set to about speed 4. I don't normally have someone around that can record me this, sorry. This pic is after HD Cut on a BS MF cutting pad, HD Polish on white pad, and Reflect on a Red pad.
gejy3evy.jpg

28ONE

Reaction score
Looks amazing! Great job.

Thanks Tim!

Really really slow arm movement with machine set to about speed 4. I don't normally have someone around that can record me this, sorry. This pic is after HD Cut on a BS MF cutting pad, HD Polish on white pad, and Reflect on a Red pad.
gejy3evy.jpg

Awesome, thanks :thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back