Current suspension plan . . . yay or nay?

UrS4

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been trying to research and plan out my suspension set up;

Here is what parts I plan to go with:

Prothane bullitt motor mounts $ 129
CHE 4 point K member brace with torque limiters with rod ends $ 171
CHE Severe Duty double adjustable panhard bar poly/rod mix $150
CHE Panhard brace $89
CHE Severe Duty double adjustable LCA poly/rod mix $220
Steeda Adjustable Competition UCA $280
Steeda Competition linear springs $330
Tokico D-specs $507
Steeda Heavy Duty Upper strut mounts $270

How's it look? Anything I am missing? Overkill at all for a DD that will see a 2-3 road course events a year?

Do I really need the MM caster/camber plates or the Steeda Competition spring seats? Even with the Competition springs the front will only drop 1" and the rear 1.25". How much will the camber be off that I need so much adjustability (not to mention, they are $335).

Thanks guys

UrS4

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been trying to research and plan out my suspension set up;

Here is what parts I plan to go with:

Steeda G-trac brace $60
CHE Severe Duty double adjustable panhard bar poly/rod mix $150
CHE Panhard brace $89
CHE Severe Duty double adjustable LCA poly/rod mix $220
CHE Double adjustable UCA poly $144
Steeda Competition linear springs $330
Tokico D-specs $507
Camber bolts $18

How's it look? Anything I am missing? Overkill at all for a DD that will see a couple road course events a year?

Thanks guys

UrS4

About all that I would add would be to delete the camber bolts, and add in some MM camber/caster plates. The cost isn't that much more than the Steeda camber plates, and having a caster adjustment can be handy. Failing going with a plate, you'll need a new set of upper strut mounts from Ford. Re-using them is a recipe for front-end clunks. Don't know about the Steeda, but the MM plate uses the spring seat from the stock mount, and that's not the part that clunks.

Other than that, I think the plan is good. I have virtually the same setup, except from BMR, not CHE. Let me know what you think of the Steeda springs, though!

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Personal preference but go with the CHE K-member brace (it uses 4 mounting vs 2 for all the others) and their torque limiters which will drastically improve shifting as well as handling. I like all the other choices though.

UrS4

forum member
Reaction score
I have adjusted my list,

I am switching out the CHE UCA for the Steeda competition double adj UCA with rod bushings. And probably switching the CHE double adj LCA for BMR fixed length poly/rod mix LCA as having both an adjustable UCA and LCA could become difficult to align and tinker with without screwing it up or needing a lot of expert advice.

Itchy

Reaction score
About all that I would add would be to delete the camber bolts, and add in some MM camber/caster plates. The cost isn't that much more than the Steeda camber plates, and having a caster adjustment can be handy. Failing going with a plate, you'll need a new set of upper strut mounts from Ford. Re-using them is a recipe for front-end clunks. Don't know about the Steeda, but the MM plate uses the spring seat from the stock mount, and that's not the part that clunks.

Other than that, I think the plan is good. I have virtually the same setup, except from BMR, not CHE. Let me know what you think of the Steeda springs, though!

Accoring the the Steeda instructions you do reuse the rubber isolator. Although Steeda has you assemble the full strut mount before placing the spring seat on the spring, while MM has you put the seat on the spring first. Don't know that it matters.

Anybody know which way is quicker or easier?

Also, the MM instructions are much more detailed. 10 extra pages, which is good for someone like me who needs propper instructions and supervision when playing with expensive toys. If I break the Mustang, and I'll be stuck driving the ol' 2000 grand am everywhere until my wife makes get a minivan and removes my balls. My future modifications are going to be like playing with fire.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back