Daily Driven Superchargers

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
What you soaking on 800hp chump? Only over heat issue I had was when I had an air bubble in the cooling system. Everyone knows a 3 core front mount intercooler will do a better job then the vortech can.. Yes.. if you fill it will ice it will be better... but ice melts fast in a 200 deg car. Also Procharger does offer a better one then that for 800+ cars...... unlike mine =-/

Damn.. I need to come on here more to school you punks :beer:
No....your opinion doesn't count because your car won't scatter shit with a rake or live longer than six months. :evil:

On topic......twins. But I'm rather biased. If I had to choose between a centrifugal or roots/twin screw I would choose the latter. I do agree with Peter (yeah....mark that on your calendar, kids) on watching the new TechCo units. Of the available units on the market there is really no bad choice. K/B, Whipple, or Saleen.....they're all great superchargers with excellent reputations.

Last edited:

stangzilla

forum member
Reaction score
water always cools better. look at the gt500 which is made to run as a DD stock, and it runs w/ air to water IC. my GT has a whipple HO but is not a DD, but i have driven it several times 8-10 hours w/ stops along the way, in heat and humidity and the temps were just like before the SC.

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
water always cools better. look at the gt500 which is made to run as a DD stock, and it runs w/ air to water IC. my GT has a whipple HO but is not a DD, but i have driven it several times 8-10 hours w/ stops along the way, in heat and humidity and the temps were just like before the SC.

the reason they are water cooled is because of where they are sitting..

like what i tried to say before.. there is no way either system is going to get any cooler than what ambient temp is... and there is the possibility that the air to air will stay cooler in stop and go traffic because its not sitting on top of a 210* degree engine...

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
uj

What you soaking on 800hp chump? Only over heat issue I had was when I had an air bubble in the cooling system. Everyone knows a 3 core front mount intercooler will do a better job then the vortech can.. Yes.. if you fill it will ice it will be better... but ice melts fast in a 200 deg car. Also Procharger does offer a better one then that for 800+ cars...... unlike mine =-/

Damn.. I need to come on here more to school you punks :beer:

so for the people that can understand siple words,is air-air cooled procharger good for daly driving in lets say NJ sumer time is pretty hot and humid,or water-air coolers

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
all good points gentlemen i appreciate it. seems like no matter which one they are all good for quite some time which is good. i completely understand the whole pay to play thing but dont want a shit ton of trouble with a daily driver. im just worried about the few weeks in summer when it gets to about 110 here and in the winter when it gets below zero. the car usually sits at that point but you never know.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
w

I'd say the air to air is equal if not better in those conditions..

thats what i wanted to hear.all i need a couple of more answers like this an i'm getting the procharger.anyone else to support that answer

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
us1 and freaknazty dont both of you have turbos,with air-air intercoolers?isnt th centri a gear driven turbo?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea basically a centri is a belt/gear driven turbo , and its all a matter of what you like im not even going to get into the whole t/s vs centri vs turbo thing its pointless any1 can be made reliable and fastto an extent

example :

ck t/s running 9's
jim roots t/s running 9's
vinny barber turbo running 8's
forensicsteve turbo running 10.0
justin bertram centri running 8's
05 stroker centri running 10's possible 9's

i just personally rather turbos not saying its better but just my prefrance and yes i run a powerhouse with a air/air and sd runs a exile with air/air

jymontoya

forum member
Reaction score
Saleen 475 kit here, on a daily driven 08 Bullitt.

I absolutely feel that a twinscrew is the way to go on the street. It will give you the most usable torque on a daily driven machine, whereas a centri you have to wind out to use. As long as you don't go nutso with the boost, you'll be fine with the standard 6 rib setup. There's plenty of people running under 12 psi without issue on the 6 rib.

On the other hand, for ease of installation, the Rotrex kit from Forced Air Performance is tough to beat. It's basically a more efficient version of a centri, and installs in about 4 hours!

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Regarding the OP's worries about high heat and humidity, I ran a non-cooled Vortech for two years in Houston, Texas. Unless you're on the surface of the sun, it doesn't get any hotter and humid-er than this armpit of the world. I never had any problems with that set-up.

And now I have an air-air aftercooler. No issues whatsoever there, either.

I agree that you're not going to get your internal air temps any cooler than your ambient temperature, regardless of what type of cooler you have. It's like Macs and PCs... people just like what they like. This forum just happens to be fairly screw-oriented (there's a Liz joke in there somewhere).

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Although it isn't the popular choice here, I put 110 miles a day on my little Roushcharger in the Miami heat, and it hasn't given me one ounce of trouble. It isn't the most powerful on the market, but no problems here.

If they were out when I bought mine, I would have gone Whipple though....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back