Dammit!!!!!!!

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
So here I go again, Ive posted previous threads but still cant find an answer so I dont care if you like it or not I need an answer! haha Anyways Ive experienced a huge loss of power and have done the following with no success. I changed the plugs, oil, took apart the cmcv's and pulled a shit load of sludge from there cleaned as far into the heads as I could reach(very carefully) appears they were full of oily sludge as well reloaded stock tune, installed steeda cai 91 octane tune, jlt 91 octane tune and my car is still running like shit. The first time I fired up the car I got on it and it was alive again and about 2 mintues later i slammed on the gas and here we go again the huge loss of power kicked in. Its almost as if my exhaust is clogged or something, at least thats the only was I can describe the feeling of getting on the pedal with no response. It also seems to get alot quieter than normal when this problem is happening and my rpms take a fucking long as time to pick up. Im completly stumped as to what it can be and need some help. Only mods im running at the moment are JLT cai, off road H (welded off) and the Diablosport canned tune for the JLT. I even bought stock motorcraft plugs thinking at least factory horsepower would be nice to have again to no avail. Help!

I dont know if this helps any but the reason I pulled of the intake manifold is because I was throwing a code :intake manifold runners stuck open: appears that problem was fixed but didnt help with the power loss any. I also seem to be having problems with the battery do you thiink my tune isnt loading up correctly by some chance? Idk.... Anyone????

Last edited by a moderator:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Maybe the motor on the unit that opens the plates is bad.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe the motor on the unit that opens the plates is bad.

Well the thing is Im not throwing the code anymore once I put everything back together and gave it a good cleaning (dishwasher lol) the code cleared itself so Im guessing the plates are opening up right??? Or could this still be happening even though my computers not picking it up and giving me the code? I did notice a weird noise coming from the cmcv motor upon start up but not again.

And also the power loss is only when I really floor the gas pedal it seems that if I gradually press the gas the power loss is not as apparent.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
It could be because the motor is fucked up. When you unplugged the battery it cleared the code so it hasn't thrown it again yet. I wish you were closer so I could let you borrow my old motor to see if that is the issue. Or you could just get a tune for deletes and get some and be done with it.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
It could be because the motor is fucked up. When you unplugged the battery it cleared the code so it hasn't thrown it again yet. I wish you were closer so I could let you borrow my old motor to see if that is the issue. Or you could just get a tune for deletes and get some and be done with it.

Thats what I was thinking I guess I just need to get me a PC interface for my diablosport and work with an emailtune for now? If I bypassed the cmcv's I wouldnt even need to wire up the motor right? Perhaps even pulling off that motor assembly to shave off an extra pound? lol

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Well the thing is Im not throwing the code anymore once I put everything back together and gave it a good cleaning (dishwasher lol) the code cleared itself so Im guessing the plates are opening up right??? Or could this still be happening even though my computers not picking it up and giving me the code? I did notice a weird noise coming from the cmcv motor upon start up but not again.

You can wash it all you want, if the motor is bad it's bad.
The gears may be stripped, you wouldn't get a code for that.
Get rid of those plates anyway, perfect time for a CMCV delete.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
^This. I'm pretty sure it's just the motor. If that doesn't work, it kills driveability and power.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
You can wash it all you want, if the motor is bad it's bad.
The gears may be stripped, you wouldn't get a code for that.
Get rid of those plates anyway, perfect time for a CMCV delete.

Haha! Yea I didnt think washing it was gonna fix the problem I only cleaned it cause when I pulled off the Intake manifold I saw sludge all up in the cmcv's and heads so I thought "why not". I guess Ill go that route and get my hands on some deletes. I just hope thats the problem, I guess if those valves arent opening up it could be the cause of the power loss right? Closed valves= no air flow? It did also seem like the problem was from one day to the next so something like a motor would have caused that. Is there any was to make sure this is whats happening though?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yes like if someone told you to breathe through a straw.
you can have someone rev the engine while you look at the arms to see if they move they should open up before or at 3k rpm or so.

and yes if the motor was on it's way out it could work and not work randomly.

Last edited:

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Yes like if someone told you to breathe through a straw.
you can have someone rev the engine while you look at the arms to see if they move they should open up before or at 3k rpm or so.

and yes if the motor was on it's way out it could work and not work randomly.

Cool man Ill give this a try thanks again for the help. I guess it was time for some deletes anyways...

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
If I was you I would go ahead and clean your MAF while your at it. PLus who you planning on getting a tune from? I went with BBR from here and I couldnt be happier. For simple mods like yours you should receive the tune that day if not the next.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Super nice of Marc but if I was you I'd put the CMCV deletes on, tune it, and be done with it. My $0.02

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
I live alone and I rent so no worries :)

I guess you have a point my only problem is im gonna have to fork up a couple hundred for a 2whp mod. And my thoughts were to go with eric brookspeed for the tune since its only $100 and I heard he was pretty good and his turn aro
und time is pretty fast as well

I honestly wasnt too interested in deletes up until this point the small gain just didnt seem worth it for the money. But I guess ill see what I think when eveything is done with.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I guess you have a point my only problem is im gonna have to fork up a couple hundred for a 2whp mod. And my thoughts were to go with eric brookspeed for the tune since its only $100 and I heard he was pretty good and his turn aro
und time is pretty fast as well

Have you checked out BBR or AM for mail tunes? $100 bucks is a little steep.
I grabbed my deletes off here for $85 btw, I do believe deletes get you more than 2whp.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
100 is steep for a tune? or did u mean the deletes? I was planning on making them myself I got a welder friend whos gonna plug up the holes for me...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yes 100 is steep for a tune I've never paid over $75.
and yes the deletes, you said something about spending hundreds of dollars I was wondering on what that was lol.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes 100 is steep for a tune I've never paid over $75.
and yes the deletes, you said something about spending hundreds of dollars I was wondering on what that was lol.

don't say that without knowing what's included. Not saying your wrong. However, if Eric has him datalog and send files, makes revisions and sends an update. That's not the same as getting a single file one time and being done.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back