Deploying for 9 mths, where do I place jack stands?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
First off, thank you for your service! If ya can't be safe out there, at least be accurate! :nk:

I'd just keep it on the floor, better to be safe than sorry. The most that could happen is flat tires, maybe your wife can have someone put air in them when they go flat? Thanks for serving!

Tires that sit on one section of the tire for a long period of time will quite often develop "flat spots" from sitting in one spot for an extended length of time. The harder the rubber, the more it seems to happen. BFG tires seem to be one of the worst tires for developing flat spots or even steel belt slippage when left to sit for a long time.

Hell, my BFG KDW2 tires will roll like the Flintstones for the first 10 miles if they sit in one spot for more than three days.

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
Prepare the car for winter storage, IE fill with gas and fuel stabilizer, clean polish etc... park the car with rubber mats etc under each tire...increase tire pressure and you will be fine.

Atleast this way your wife can move or have the car moved if it needs to be moved.

Stay safe pal....even us Canadians thank the US military for the things you do.

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Intell weenie, no worries about being accurate!:nk:

Contraire, my assessments have to be accurate :)

As a side note Greg, I'll be a CWO when I get back.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I'm more concerned about my wife, she'll be the one dealing with all this... I'll be too busy working ;)

Again, thanks to everyone.

- Jesse

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL...just giving you a hard time and congrats on the CWO selection!:thumb2:

Contraire, my assessments have to be accurate :)

As a side note Greg, I'll be a CWO when I get back.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I'm more concerned about my wife, she'll be the one dealing with all this... I'll be too busy working ;)

Again, thanks to everyone.

- Jesse

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
What brand rims are on your car? They look great.

Thanks a ton! They are Foose Nitrous in 20", they are about 6 years old.

LOL...just giving you a hard time and congrats on the CWO selection!:thumb2:

No worries, I know how you SWOs are, operational success, intel failures ;)
Appreciate the congrats, we were pleased when we found out. Next two years are going to be real busy though. 9 mth deployment followed two weeks later by commissioning and CWO school, 5 mth designator school then almost immediately another deployment.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Trust me, they will get their money's worth out of you! Stay safe out there.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
You damn WOs have it made! Y'all do what ever the hell y'all want, I'm jelly.

Stay safe brother and congrats!

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I let mine sit on the ground for 7 months while deployed. Disconnected the Yellow Top Optima and put steel wool in the muffler tips. Got back, connected the battery and it fired right up. The flat spots on the tires were gone in a couple of miles.

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
I was deployed one year wife drove it twice, I drove it on r and r for 2 days... unhooking the battery and removing it also?

MOTORCITYBADBOY

forum member
Reaction score
Modern radial tires don't get that flat in such a short period of time, and the suspension should be supported anyway. Putting a car up on jack stands was what guys did back in the 60s.... As long as it's indoors, park it and it'll be fine.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Got my next deployment coming up July 11th. Lucky for me, im storing with my car heavy father who will start her up and drive her around block and such.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Modern radial tires don't get that flat in such a short period of time, and the suspension should be supported anyway. Putting a car up on jack stands was what guys did back in the 60s.... As long as it's indoors, park it and it'll be fine.

Yes, you really don't need to put it on stands.

I've stored my car multiple times for about 5 months and never had a flat spot or flat tire.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, you really don't need to put it on stands.

I've stored my car multiple times for about 5 months and never had a flat spot or flat tire.

Same, I do add some extra air for winter too.

Plus... I always think, IF the car has to get moved, so much easier if its not on stands.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back